PDA

View Full Version : Bruise (scratch) along panel

Geoff
10-06-2002, 02:49 AM
As seems to be the way these days - some cretinous waste of skin rubbed god knows what along the side of my car (Solid colour Red) and there is now an 18 inch long bruise - i say bruise not a scratch as the edges are rounded and no paint seems to have been removed except on two short 1/4 inch sections. The depth is easily felt with a fingernail along most of the length.

Any tips hints ideas on the best way of going about - removing or camouflaging this.

Regards

navarre

CharlesW
10-06-2002, 08:28 AM
Find perpetrator, skin alive, hang skin over blemish as trophy.:D

Unfortunately, if you can feel it with your fingernail, you can reduce the visibility by polishing, but you probably won`t be able to remove it to your satisfaction. Could mean a trip to a good body shop for some paint work.

Charles

imported_Intel486
10-06-2002, 05:20 PM
yhea, if it can be felt with a fingernail, then you have to remove a lot of paint to remove the scratch. Probably best just to polish out as much as you can and leave it at that.

Might even try filling it with clearcoat. Won`t be gone completely but will help.

Detailing NY
10-06-2002, 07:32 PM
(*^#(*@%^#(&*@%^!!!!!!!!!!!!

That really make me mad, people have no respect for property.

what i would do is try to compound out the best you can and if needed wet sand, as long as the scratch is not to deep.