PDA

View Full Version : Buffer Question?

aerogt01
10-04-2002, 09:22 PM
Hi Everyone, Great Site..Newbie here..

Just a quick question...Is there any difference in the orbital polisher (Round) and the other polisher (long polisher with two handles) ?

Just wondering if there is a difference?

johnson
10-04-2002, 09:28 PM
Post pics of what youre talking about. If you mean what I think you mean, one is a rotary which should be used by a trained professional and a random orbital which can be used by anyone with a brain.

aerogt01
10-04-2002, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by FNG

Post pics of what youre talking about. If you mean what I think you mean, one is a rotary which should be used by a trained professional and a random orbital which can be used by anyone with a brain.

Do you know why an orbital buffer should be used by a pro??

The orbital is the round handle and is the rotary the one that is shaped like an "L" ??

johnson
10-04-2002, 09:47 PM
I still dont know what youre talking about. A ROTARY should be used only by a professional because it can severly burn paint if left on a certain spot for too long. Also, it needs to be parrallel at all times because the sides can heat on the paint very quickly.

aerogt01
10-04-2002, 10:01 PM
Thanks FNG.. I understand about the rotary...

Thanks for the info..I guess I will stick with the orbital for now...

CharlesW
10-05-2002, 06:47 AM
Originally posted by Mstyle

Hi Everyone, Great Site..Newbie here..

Just a quick question...Is there any difference in the orbital polisher (Round) and the other polisher (long polisher with two handles) ?

Just wondering if there is a difference?

While I`m not sure, I think you might be trying to compare the Sears, Wax-Master, Wen, type of Random Orbital Polisher to the Porter Cable type of unit. If that is the case, then yes, there is a difference. The general consensus of opinion is that there is no comparison. The PC is a tool, the others are toys. Not having used the PC, I can`t comment.

Charles