PDA

View Full Version : Which One Produces a MIRROR-LIKE Shine???

Pages : [1] 2

roughrider
10-04-2002, 06:23 PM
HI, I was wondering if you guys could tell me which one would produce the best MIRROR-LIKE SHINE??? The 4 I am talking about is KLASSE, ZAINO, BLACKFIRE, SOUVERAN. Please, I am not looking for opinions. I want to know from people who have used them. Thanks.

drewski59
10-04-2002, 06:34 PM
ZAINO!!!!:xyxthumbs

It is the most reflective product out there. Take this from experience! Most everyone here will agree with me, too.:D

:wavey

imported_Tony
10-04-2002, 06:36 PM
Klasse SG layered has a slight tint effect that produces a more depth like finish and not a mirror finish. Great on dark colors.

SergC
10-04-2002, 07:55 PM
It would be Zaino:wavey

rockafella
10-04-2002, 08:06 PM
No S100:( I do use Zaino and love it but...... I love to use a carnuba topper for a better finish IMHO.....

imported_BretFraz
10-04-2002, 08:21 PM
I`ve used them all and have 3 of the 4 in my current inventory (does everyone else?)

Zaino wins by a nose. A little glossier than Klasse. On a top quality detail I think even the most persnickity OCD car wax nerd would be hard pressed to tell the diff between the four mentioned. But that`s just my opinion.....

C. Charles Hahn
10-04-2002, 08:44 PM
yup - I wish I owned souveran, but I don`t have a can of it.... the other 3 are on da shelf. (FYI - my blazer wears Zaino, my wife`s car has klasse. The BF got experimented with on our cars - I didnt like the durability, so I only use that on other people`s cars with a caranauba topper.[S100 or #26])

William420
10-04-2002, 08:47 PM
I`ve used them and all produce mirror like shine, but my vote also goes to Zaino on BEST mirror like shine. :)

Is mirror like shine that important to you? What color is your car?

MikeLS
10-05-2002, 07:26 AM
Zaino

very reflective, very mirror like

To be fair though, I think 95% of a mirror like finish comes in the prep stage. If you truly want the perfect shine, you must do a good prep, there`s no way around it.

:)

imported_memnuts
10-05-2002, 08:31 AM
If great reflectivity is all you are looking for than Zaino wins. If you desire a finish with more characters than just reflection a combination of products is probably the best choice. I believe a dark colored car/truck would look better with reflection, depth of color ( emphasis of base coat) and wetness. This combination I have found with a base coats of Zaino( 60 - 80 coats) Blackfire (20 coats), Blackfire/Zaino combo (5-10 coats) and topped with one coat of Zaino Z5 and QD`ing with Z6, BF or Duragloss. This combination also is slightly enhanced with a P21S topper.

If I was restricted to just one product to forfill my needs it would probably be Blackfire for a garage queen or Zaino for a daily driver. :wavey

shaf
10-05-2002, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by MikeLS

To be fair though, I think 95% of a mirror like finish comes in the prep stage. If you truly want the perfect shine, you must do a good prep, there`s no way around it.

:) I agree with this - also, if you have a white, silver, or other light coloured car, you will never be able to take one of those dramatic "self-portrait" pictures you see sometimes on the sides of black cars....

roughrider
10-05-2002, 02:08 PM
Thanks alot guys. Great responses. Keep `em comin`:up

PakShak
10-05-2002, 03:14 PM
I like the durability and reflection from Zaino.

With Aloha,

Ranney

:)

Scottwax
10-05-2002, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by 4DSC

I agree with this - also, if you have a white, silver, or other light coloured car, you will never be able to take one of those dramatic "self-portrait" pictures you see sometimes on the sides of black cars....

Oh yes you can with S100! As proof, I offer these two pics:

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/500/878p21s_reflections_e420.jpg

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/500/878s100_on_white.jpg

BTW, I got a great pic of my car reflected off a black Mercedes AMG S55 today...just dropped off the roll at Wolf Camera, so hopefully I will have time to post the pic tomorrow after I pick up my pictures and picture CD.

chevyguy28
10-05-2002, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by Scottwax

BTW, I got a great pic of my car reflected off a black Mercedes AMG S55 today...just dropped off the roll at Wolf Camera, so hopefully I will have time to post the pic tomorrow after I pick up my pictures and picture CD.

Great pics Scott. Those picture CD`s get expensive after a while, at about $8 a shot at my local developer. I shoul have gotten a digicam.