PDA

View Full Version : Need help with cleaning carpet

2clean4u
10-03-2002, 09:14 PM
Here is my situation. My girlfriend just got a car that needs a good cleaning. The interior is awfull!!! The previous owner had 2 kids that spilled milk, juice, soda and God knows what else on the seats and carpet. I need to know what is the best carpet-cloth seats cleaner to use. I will be using the Bissell little green machine.

This will be my biggest interior project ever. I want to do it right the first time, so your tips, tricks, and ideas would be great

Thanks

johnson
10-03-2002, 09:49 PM
Search+cleaning carpet= http://www.autopia.org/forums/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=98926&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending

I dont have it yet but from what ive read, Meguiars All Purpose Cleaner Plus works good. Ill be getting it this weekend.

Detailing NY
10-04-2002, 04:56 PM
Meguair`s all purpose cleaner plus will be the best thing for the carpet. It is the only thing i use

use the search key and you can find the thread i posted

thevolvoguy
10-04-2002, 07:26 PM
If you are using the little green steamer, that should be enough to take the stains out. You should not have to do any scrubbing. I would pre-treat the tough areas with Meg`s APC then use a 50/50 solution water mix in the tank. This method works exremely well and I have never ran into a stain I could not remove.

Have fun. :wavey

2clean4u
10-04-2002, 07:43 PM
Thanks for thre replies.

Looks like I will be ordering some APC.

I will try to take some before/after pics. Now if the rain can only stop

Thanks for the help

beachnut
11-02-2002, 09:02 PM
I`m curious ... for those of you that do have the Little Green, do you use the Meg`s APC instead of the Bissell solution?

Redcar GUY
11-02-2002, 09:11 PM
I cleaned a car a while back that the owner had a bottle of milk spill in the back seat carpet. needless to say she left it there for a LONG time and the milk spoiled:mad: I couldnt get the stain or the Smell out with the APC, I did look better but not all the way gone. She ended up gettin new carpet because the smelll was making her sick after her car sat out on hot days....wooof