PDA

View Full Version : Einszett...

Pages : [1] 2

drewski59
10-03-2002, 08:42 PM
:D Well, I put my samples to use on the hood of the PT(previously Zaino on there)...

First of all, I used their Metallic Polish(for new or like-new paint) and I LOVE it!!!!!:bounce Very easy to apply/buff and leaves a great shine. It is now #1 on my polish list...

Then, I applied a thin(like Z) coat of their Glanz Wax. Very wierd...like putting on water....anyways, this was a little harder to buff, though...I don`t like that you can`t layer it, but oh well:rolleyes: ...left a great shine, somewhere in between the reflectivity of Zaino and the depth of s100/P21s...very distinctive look...i love it though...

Beading was excellent!!:xyxthumbs The best I`ve seen so far! Very small and deep beads, smaller than Zaino!!! I`m just going to test it for durability right now, before I invest in the system!

Here`s a pic from their website:

http://www.1z-usa.com/images/show/bxtr31.jpg

Great products all in all!

:wavey

SergC
10-03-2002, 10:12 PM
Great Post!

:xyxthumbs

William420
10-04-2002, 03:59 PM
Thanks for the review. I wish to hear more about this product.

Your findings match my own, except Metallic Polish is easy to apply. I remember Tony mentioned the same so I must be doing something wrong. Weird... I found it really tacky and difficult to spread. Hmm I was probably using too less products (must be a habit from all these years using Zaino, thin thin thin, hahah). I`ll give it another shot! :xyxthumbs

By the way, I`ve since topped it with Carnauba. Looks even better! :)

Detailing NY
10-04-2002, 04:50 PM
I have also been trying out some of stuff. I dont think i like the glantz wax. It is like water when using it, and has a very harsh chemical smell to it. I will need to do some more testing on it

RonPirate
10-04-2002, 05:25 PM
Im going on 3 weeks with the Glanz wax, paint is still shiny I have washed it twice and its been taking a beating from the rain.

Still beads up nicely. :cool:

drewski59
10-04-2002, 06:37 PM
Yeah, I`m really itching to put some s100 over it, but that would ruin the point of testing the durability of Einszett....:(

Oh well, maybe I`ll use it on a fender to top with carnauba...hmmmm.....see ya later!:D

ashsarna
10-14-2002, 02:22 PM
Hey Guys, keep us updated on the durability/maintenance of the glanz wax. I am reeeely interested and will want to try it. Thanks.:up

drewski59
10-14-2002, 04:32 PM
Well, I`m going on Week #3 with the Glanz.:D

Still beading, just not as well as before. I`ve washed it once with Z7. It seemed to hurt it a bit(beading suffered:( ).

Optics are still there, though.:xyxthumbs

Deep, clear reflections(I think I like Z better, though;) ). It has its own look. You`ll never know unless you try it.

drewski59
10-23-2002, 08:42 PM
Well, it`s been a month since I applied Einszett Metallic Polish and Glanz Wax.:D

Beading has suffered a little, but there`s no sign of it quitting anytime soon. Optics, though, have suffered. Not much, but the `pizazz` is gone.:(

Sorry about the poor quality(our digital camera is kinda ancient:D ). Einszett in only on the HOOD . #7/s100 is on the fender! BTW, this picture was taken after a month of applying, 3 Z7 washes, and a Platinum QD!

http://photo.msn.s8.com/MS8zLzEwMzU2MTUwMjYvMS80MDE4LzE1NS8zMi9sUWdrZDFkeT kyNEQzRW4xN3JhTW13/2db17e10281410d5c3fb145e679b0c1c/clbk=HcZNnT9kkUih2HRKWWgn4l0KSjIPyHsBsT4j4t0fDzGbK Pg7WpsUHCg7phBazS9jqWqoGGcvJus$/jpg.jpg

chevyguy28
10-23-2002, 09:49 PM
Glanz waxed topped with S100 the next day provided the best results when I was playing around with my samples and everything else on my shelf. Just something to try for you guys.

NYDetailer: Are you concerned about the heavy solvent content?

drewski59
10-23-2002, 10:03 PM
Yeah, I`ve been REALLY tempted to try that...but that would ruin the point of testing Einszett.;)

Ah, the things we sacrifice in the name of Autopia.:D

chevyguy28
10-23-2002, 11:09 PM
Hmm, why not do half? My UPP durability test took one month to complete, but when Einszett came I could not wait that long again to mess around.

thom
10-24-2002, 12:35 AM
be careful what kind of QD you are using with glanz wax. mike from einzsett tol me to avoid QD with alcohol it will slighty diminish the shine. he said to use a water based alcolhol free QD some are griots,1 grand show off,Quick shine good luck finding the shine that suits you! T

chevyguy28
10-24-2002, 12:50 AM
Thanks Thom for this info. What popular QD`s have alcohol in them? I have Meguair`s, Zaino, Platinum, and Eagle One QD on my shelf.

ashsarna
10-24-2002, 03:50 PM
Drewski59, the picture looks still very good!!

Thom, yea, what kind of qds are BAD (I mean I use EF clear pearl, megs). Is it better to use one with carnauba in it or a non wax based one?

The type of car wash? maybe something gentler like Meguiars Gold Class?

:nixweiss