PDA

View Full Version : XM Radio

Lemonxxs
10-02-2002, 03:36 PM
I just installed XM radio in my truck and have a docking station in my house Made by SONY...PRetty cool...for one account I get satelite radio in my house and car.....

Check out www.xmradio.com and somewhere in there is audio samples of what airs.....

Detailing NY
10-02-2002, 04:25 PM
If you are into the stock market, buy that stock. I have a feeling that it will take off in the near future.

Buying some myself tomorrow.

:D $$$$$

RonPirate
10-02-2002, 04:48 PM
I hate to seem like a complainer, but since someone brought XM radio up I thought I would throw in my 2 cents.

Why would anyone pay for Radio broadcasts? I can get the exact songs I want on CD if I want commercial free music I can rig up a MP3 player in my car thats portable if I want to store tons of music.

I just dont see paying someone monthly for this service.

I can not see the benifit

:nixweiss

Just more technology I personally do not need, but I guess to each his own.

:wavey

Lemonxxs
10-02-2002, 05:26 PM
I have hundreds of CDs and GB worth of MP3....I just do not like burning CDs anymore....IMO....I burnt enough....

I looked at getting an MP3 player too...but well I would have to connect to computer and download etc etc..and well no new stuff...constantly having to hang around downloading stuff or ripping and then download to mp3 player.....time consuming...

PLus I like the other stations XM offers like comedy, news, sports, kid channels etc...there is enough on there to offer everyone something to listen too...

I have DVD, VHS, and Laser Disks....yet I still pay the darn cable bill :mad:

TO each his own but I do see and increase in subscribers....GM and other automakers are investing in it and offering these radios on stock cars...it will last and be standard in the future....

I was listening to baseball game earlier today...:xyxthumbs

tpetpe
10-07-2002, 09:34 PM
Read an article about satellite radio business just the other day (can`t remember where).

Article thought that the business model for both providers was wrong. That there were no where near enough subscribers to support both companies.

Further, that XM and Sirius would likely merge at some point.

Sounds like a great service, in theory. Just that I`m too cheap to pay for radio. Did I mention I`m cheap?

The current state of the business does not sound like a good investment opportunity to me.

It`s your money, spend it, invest it anyway you see fit.

fat biker

eldawg4100
10-07-2002, 09:40 PM
i can tell you this. the comedy channel is so funny, its almost worth it itself! you will literally laugh your *** off many times in 10 minutes.

Lemonxxs
10-08-2002, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by eldawg4100

i can tell you this. the comedy channel is so funny, its almost worth it itself! you will literally laugh your *** off many times in 10 minutes.

I pretty much leave it on the channel when listneing in the house....

It is funny!:D

medic159
10-08-2002, 03:07 PM
I was thinking about getting an XM adapter for my car but I don`t want an external visible antenna that can damage the car`s finish. Does anyone know of one that attaches to the inside glass or one that can mount on the rear hat rack inside the car?

Lemonxxs
10-08-2002, 03:43 PM
TERK makes one that mounts on the glass....

My sony is magnet mount and they provide a clear vinyl decal thingy that you put down first....they even tell you to use a blow dryer if you wanna remove the decal....

It is small about the size of a small baby fist or like looking at the end of the tube of paper towels......

Scottwax
10-08-2002, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by zaniix

I hate to seem like a complainer, but since someone brought XM radio up I thought I would throw in my 2 cents.

Why would anyone pay for Radio broadcasts? I can get the exact songs I want on CD if I want commercial free music I can rig up a MP3 player in my car thats portable if I want to store tons of music.

I just dont see paying someone monthly for this service.

I can not see the benifit

:nixweiss

Just more technology I personally do not need, but I guess to each his own.

:wavey

I think people who travel across the country regularly would benefit from XM radio. I have to switch stations constantly between here and Cincinnati when I go between Dallas and my ex-wife`s. Truck drivers, traveling salesmen, etc would all benefit.

If Rush Limbaugh`s show is on XM, then I will probably get it so I can hear his entire show when I am traveling.

GP Infinity
10-08-2002, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by Scottwax

I think people who travel across the country regularly would benefit from XM radio. I have to switch stations constantly between here and Cincinnati when I go between Dallas and my ex-wife`s. Truck drivers, traveling salesmen, etc would all benefit.

If Rush Limbaugh`s show is on XM, then I will probably get it so I can hear his entire show when I am traveling.

My father in law is a truck driver and my mother in law just bought him one.. this way he can listen to the football games, Rush L, or anything else without running out of signal... he will love it..