PDA

View Full Version : My frustration...

jerry@robs
10-02-2002, 09:38 AM
If you`ve read most of my posts (aka complaints) about my car and where I live, you`ll know that our area is extremely dusty, dirty and full of diesel fumes... 4x a week wash... dust piling up faster than you can say "QD ME NOW!"... etc...

You can check out some pics of my ride in http://www.pbase.com/theveed/detailing_projects

The pics under the rotary folder are the latest ones...

As you can see, it doesn`t really look that bad for an 8yr old factory paint for a 2nd hand car...

But...

Whenever I take a picture at night, I always get grey areas in between trim gaps, along door gaps, underneath the car, behind the front grille, etc etc etc...

I hate it... Frustrates me so much...

What can I do? Even after I degrease and clean my engine bay, the horns and radiator condenser (behind the front grille) comes out grey when I take night (flash) shots...

So are the gaps in between the bumpers and stuff...

Oh, I also hate the area where a big plastic trim covers the wiper axles at the bottom of the windshield... The grid pattern is soooo hard to clean...

Intel486, if you can read this post... Your Ford seems to have a similar grill like cover for the wiper arm assembly, how do you keep it black?

Lastly, any ideas on how to quickly remove the old grime and stains in between body panels and weatherstripping along the windshiled ang rear glass?

I`ve tried using APC+ with Q-tips and/or towel + BBQ stick with no avail....

Or am I asking too much... do I need to remove the bumper and stuff to clean those areas?

:nixweiss :(

CharlesW
10-02-2002, 10:20 AM
First off, your ride looks pretty darned good to me.

The cleaning of the areas that you can`t get to around the weatherstripping, body panels, etc., might be a place for the S100 or P21S cleaner. Scottwax used it a while back and seemed to be impressed with it.

If it impresses him, it might be OK to use.;)

Here again, the problem of getting it comes up. There surely has to be a Harley shop in Manilla.

Charles

jerry@robs
10-02-2002, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by CharlesW

First off, your ride looks pretty darned good to me.

Thanks... but it`s just not good enough with the "old dirt" :( it`s driving me nuts...

The cleaning of the areas that you can`t get to around the weatherstripping, body panels, etc., might be a place for the S100 or P21S cleaner. Scottwax used it a while back and seemed to be impressed with it.

If it impresses him, it might be OK to use.;)

Here again, the problem of getting it comes up. There surely has to be a Harley shop in Manilla.

Charles

How does the cleaner work? How different is it from water based cleaner like APC+...

Oh, we don`t have a Harley shop here, just Harley importers... no S100... :( I`ve tried... I`ll try again tomorrow, time to visit local motorcycle sites again... hehe...

CharlesW
10-02-2002, 10:55 AM
Do a search for S100 cleaner scottwax and you will come up with a thread that has the following info in it. Several more posts as well.

Quoted from a scottwax review:

"S100 Total Cycle Cleaner

Awesome product. I regularly detail Harleys and with all the road grime and grease they seem to accumulate, it can be a real pain to clean them. Hard to access some areas, combination of chrome, paint, alloys and leather.

S100 TCC is a spray on, hose off product that really works. The spray seems to find every little nook and cranny and simply rinsing it off with a strong stream gets nearly every bit of dirt and grease off the bike, without hurting the painted surfaces and leather. It`s got a weird smell, like watery kitchen grease (if you ever worked in a fast food restaurant, you will recognize the smell).

It is a water based cleaner and you spray it on and immediately (or before the cleaner begins to dry) rinse it off. You want to really use some water pressure to make sure the cleaner rinses completely off so it doesn`t streak. If a bike is really dirty, you may need to use a brush to aggitate the really nasty stuff, but for a reasonably clean bike, just spray and rinse. Simply dry the bike and it is clean.

Anyway, one small bottle (100 ml, I think) was enough for two bikes (cost was $8.39) but they have more economical, larger sizes. Definitely will be buying more!"

End of quoted material.

The cleaner was available at a Honda dealers, here. No S100 wax, but they had the cycle cleaner.

Charles

jerry@robs
10-02-2002, 11:01 AM
Thank you for posting that (and saving me the search)... If I can`t find it here, I`ll ask someone to grab me one in the States... Thanks again dude.

CharlesW
10-02-2002, 11:21 AM
I drive by a Harley store about 4 times a week. One of my friends has a Honda dealership. If you have a problem getting it, I could pick some up for you. Getting it to you would be the only problem.

PM me if you need some help with it.

Charles

jerry@robs
10-02-2002, 08:43 PM
I can`t thank you enough in advance, Charles... :)