PDA

View Full Version : Which QD to use with Klasse?

Pages : [1] 2

roller5435
10-02-2002, 08:35 AM
First time Klasse user - just ordered some and can`t wait to try it. But I have a quick question:

Which QD is best to use after the 1-2 punch of AIO and SG? I like the layering abilities of SG, but will I cause problems if I use some QD now and then? Which QD works best on top of SG?

Thanks in advance.

BTW, I DID try to search on "QD AND Klasse" and got this error message: "The search term you specified (qd) is under the minimum word length (3) and therefore will not be found. Please make this term longer. " How do you make QD longer??? :mad:

ultrajim49
10-02-2002, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by Fireproof

How do you make QD longer??? :mad:

Quick detail

:wavey

Christiaan

NattyBumppo
10-02-2002, 08:58 AM
Platinum Ultimate Gloss Enhancer :up.

roller5435
10-02-2002, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by cvcaelen

Quick detail

That`s a good one! :rolleyes: BUT, given that 99.9% of Autopians` threads use acronyms (I have yet to see anyone spell out "quick detail"), I don`t think such a search will prove fruitful.

imported_Paul Mitchell
10-02-2002, 08:59 AM
Hi,

Sonus Hi Gloss Acrylic Spritz supposedly contains the same acrylic

found in Klasse. I have heard good things about it and some say that it can also be used to help remove the haze that you can get while removing SG. At $14.95 it`s kind of expensive especially if you QD your car daily. Meguiars FI is popular and priced well especially if you get the gallon jug.

I would think that any non-carnauba QD will work fine. Eagle One WW&S is recommended by CMA for Klasse application and a lot of people like it here. It is extremely affordable and available locally so you may want to look at that one. It does contain silicones if that bothers you.

QD will not hurt the ability to layer SG, I just wouldn`t use a carnauba based QD between SG layers as it may inhibit the bonding.

I am a QD junkie, I have so many! I love Zaino Z-6, Clearkote`s Quick Shine and Wizzards Mist and Shine over my Zaino. QD`s are quite similar and everyone has their favorites.

HTH! BTW you can get some results,(probably not all) by entering "Quick Detailer" in the search field.

Regards, Eric

P.S. Klasse AIO can be mixed w/H2O and used as a QD but it will remove SG if you have that on you car!

ultrajim49
10-02-2002, 09:00 AM

That`s a good one! :rolleyes: BUT, given that 99.9% of Autopians` threads use acronyms (I have yet to see anyone spell out "quick detail"), I don`t think such a search will prove fruitful.

surprise : it returns 12(!!!) pages:xyxthumbs

Christiaan

roller5435
10-02-2002, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by cvcaelen

surprise : it returns 12(!!!) pages:xyxthumbs

Christiaan

Okay, okay - you got me! ;) I shoulda tried it!!

Forgive me for doubting. :bow

:D

Thanks for the suggestion. I`ll read up on those.

imported_memnuts
10-02-2002, 12:26 PM
Another QD that I recently tried and like is the Duragloss FC (#921 - Fast Clean & Shine). It is locally available and works great for sealants and carnuabas. Priced ~$7.00/ 16 oz. :xyxthumbs :wavey

shaf
10-02-2002, 12:30 PM
There was a thread a couple months back that concluded that pretty much ANY non-carnauba containing QD (like Pinnacle Crystal Mist, OGSO, Clear Pearl(?)) should work fine as a QD with Klasse because the thread was actually about Zaino. If it`s okay with Z, it`s okay with K.

I imagine it`s probably better to use polymer-containing QDs like Sonus or Platinum, but not necessary. Over the counter QDs like Mothers Showtime, EO Wipe n Shine, and even the never recommended Meguiar`s Quik Detailer all (reportedly) seem to work fine. Lots of people still like Megs #34 FI though.

I can`t remember how I searched this topic either.... One thing I`ve found that really helps is if you`re "creative" with the search engine. That is, if the word is too short you sometimes have to guess what other unique words might be mentioned too. Like maybe "safe" and "klasse", "between" and "klasse", or specific brands or products like "meguiars" and "klasse". Or even some similar concept like "safe" and "zaino". Sometimes you have to do some slogging through the titles to sort out the useful threads, but at least you get somewhere.

roller5435
10-02-2002, 04:18 PM
4DSC: I noticed your signature contains an "SG longevity" poll. However, (like other things) it no longer works.

Can you tell me what the results were recently??

99323ic
10-02-2002, 05:28 PM
I`ve been very happy using EF Clear Pearl (contains carnauba), Meg`s QD Spray (contains silicones), Meg`s FI (no silicones/wax). Of the 3, I think the EF CP is my #1 and the Meg`s QD Spray is #2. I think the QD spray has the best smell. :D

The FI seems to be really wet and not distribute over the paint evenly, so my mf towel gets saturated quickly which then leaves streaks. I`m only doing 1 to 2 sprays per panel (1 on a 1/4 panel and 2 for the hood, for example).

If layering, you`d probably want the FI, since it does not have any silicones or wax, but I`ve used filtered water whenever I`ve had a removal SG problem (rare).

CharlesW
10-02-2002, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by jimwh

Meg`s QD Spray (contains silicones)

The FI seems to be really wet and not distribute over the paint evenly, so my mf towel gets saturated quickly which then leaves streaks. I`m only doing 1 to 2 sprays per panel (1 on a 1/4 panel and 2 for the hood, for example).

While at the body supply store today, I saw a gallon bottle of Meg`s Quick Detailer, (not FI), and it had a label that stated, "no silicones or waxes". You could see the stuff through the container and it appeared to be purple in color. Something new?

In using FI for years, I have never had the problem you are having with removing it. Maybe you got a bad spray nozzle. It sounds more like an application problem than a product problem. I do all of the surfaces of a car with one 16" x 16" PakShak MF towel and it is barely damp. In fact, I sometimes spray some FI directly on the MF towel to be sure I have enough for good coverage.

Charles

imported_Adamah
10-02-2002, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by 4DSC

There was a thread a couple months back that concluded that pretty much ANY non-carnauba containing QD (like Pinnacle Crystal Mist, OGSO, Clear Pearl(?)) should work fine as a QD with Klasse because the thread was actually about Zaino. If it`s okay with Z, it`s okay with K.

:nixweiss :nixweiss :nixweiss :nixweiss

shaf
10-02-2002, 05:51 PM

4DSC: I noticed your signature contains an "SG longevity" poll. However, (like other things) it no longer works.

Can you tell me what the results were recently?? Eh I was waiting for the day I`d get nailed for not caring for that link! :p

It`s fixed now, so let`s see? I could get my SG over 6 coats per oz in the end, but decided that was too thin!

I also added a link to my ghetto homepage with no pics of my Klassed car yet. :p

imported_Paul Mitchell
10-02-2002, 07:00 PM
jimwh

I got an e-mail response from Terry at CMA and he said that the EFCP does not contain carnauba and it does have silicones.

I`m still not clear if having silicones in a QD are a bad thing. It just makes me nervous using them in conjunction w/Zaino.

:nixweiss

CharlesW I am curious about the "new" Meg`s QD. Any info would be appreciated!

Regards, Eric QD Junkie...