PDA

View Full Version : someone help me out (about to go to car wash)

imported_matthew
09-30-2002, 07:18 PM
i`m gonna cry i swear. i`ve got this **** on my hood, i wouldn`t call it sap as it doesn`t stick out, but i just washed my hood and it didn`t come off. of course i have a black car, it seems like its etehced (but i dont think it is)

i`ve got a ticket in my center console for a car wash, i know that will do more harm than good, but i can`t seem to get it off.

anyone in suburban philadelphia think they can help me out?

please don`t let me go to the car wash

imported_Dude
09-30-2002, 07:41 PM
Don`t go!

It`s probably just a waterspot or something. You can definately remove it; I`d suggest trying clay first, followed by a mild polish such as P21S GEPC. If these two don`t take care of it, let us know; we`ll suggest a more agressive polish that will get it out.

One thing is for sure- if you can`t get it out yourself, the odds of a car wash being able to get it out are slim to none.

You can definately get it out. We`ll help. Now just put down the carwash ticket...

crooper
09-30-2002, 07:43 PM
have you tried polishing it? do you remember if bird crap used to be there? since you have a black car, the car wash would be really bad.

imported_matthew
09-30-2002, 07:47 PM
clay!! thanks guys. I nearly forgot about that. It might be water spots, or it might be something else, I`m not sure. I had to let my father drive my car on Saturday (his car was in the shop being repaired) I have a feeling it happened sometime when he was driving it.

I`ll pick up some clay tommorow. I know at pep boys its $20 or so for some mother`s kit I saw there. Looks like it included some kind of QD spray with it.

Thanks for the big knock on the head!

I`d rather not polish as the car is only 4 months and 4,000 miles old.

crooper
09-30-2002, 08:24 PM
you could get some clay magic at autozone for $10.