PDA

View Full Version : PwC vs. VM

membim
07-21-2004, 02:42 PM
Could someone who has used both products do a comparison. My main question is does PwC give that glazed wet look like VM? I currently use VM and absolutley love it. It`s super easy to use and looks great. My problem is that you can`t buy it in buld like you can PwC. Thanks in advance for your replies!!!

TQB
07-21-2004, 03:15 PM
I have used both and both are great products. I didnt think they were comparable in looks as PwC seems to darken the paint and add some depth. I would say PwC is more comparable to AIO. How ever SSR1 can be used and looks just as good if not better than VM and it doesnt leave anything on the paint.

If I had to pick between VM or PwC I would definatly take the PwC. Much cheaper and provides a look I like better. IMO

Scott P
07-21-2004, 03:45 PM
How is PwC cheaper than VM? Unless you are buying by the gallon, VM is actually cheaper. Both give similar looks. VM is a bit wetter. PwC has a bit better cleaning ability when used as a one step product.

TQB
07-21-2004, 03:49 PM
He said he wanted to buy in bulk so that does make a gallon of PwC cheaper than VM.

Scott P
07-21-2004, 05:39 PM
Sorry, missed that part. I have a feeling VM will be available in quarts soon though.

SpoiledMan
07-21-2004, 05:54 PM
Your feeling must be like mine.;)

Boss_429
07-21-2004, 06:51 PM
I agree, both are good products with slightly different looks............... choose the one you like. The thing I like about PWC, is that it also adds some protection.

Scott P
07-21-2004, 07:02 PM
Actually, VM does have some protective qualities to it. It has a small measure of petroleum-based wax.

awd330
07-21-2004, 07:55 PM
VM and PwC are two of my favorite products. As others have said, they fulfill the same type of role (light polish, glaze, and protection) but they have a different look. I prefer to use PwC with light metallics, and VM with dark colors or non-metallics. PwC is more durable for use as a one-step cleaner wax.

usdm
07-22-2004, 12:45 AM
My opinons based on my findings:

PWC does have more cleaning ability than VM.

PWC is darker and deeper than VM

PWC appears to fill some swirls better than VM

PWC on top of VM does nothing (no change in depth, clarity, gloss)

VM is clearer than PWC

VM does look wetter than PWC

VM on top of PWC does something (depth, plus gloss, with slight loss of clarity- a function of PWC)

For quickie wet look: VM
For quickie deep look: PWC
For deep and wet look: PWC topped with VM (PWC must be applied by machine to get this affect), then apply non cleaner wax of your choice. Affect does not last as long as just using PWC by itself, however. Also, I found that I could not get the finish to really look a lot wetter when I topped ssr1 with PWC.

Please don`t ask me how I know this.... things just happend one day :crazy

Boss_429
07-22-2004, 05:14 AM
Originally posted by Scott P
Actually, VM does have some protective qualities to it. It has a small measure of petroleum-based wax.

Thanks Scott........... didn`t know that! :bigups That being the case, I would say it`s a toss-up between the two products.

membim
07-23-2004, 02:32 PM
Thanks for the valuable input. I love VM. I guess I just need to try PwC.

Is PwC as easy to use a VM?

awd330
07-23-2004, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by membim
Is PwC as easy to use a VM?
Yes, it is.

rhillstr
07-24-2004, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by membim
Thanks for the valuable input. I love VM. I guess I just need to try PwC.

Spoken like a true detailer!!! :lmfao :lmfao