PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Q`s

imported_Serenity18
09-30-2002, 03:09 PM
ok. first off, this site kicks ***! did not know there was a site like this out here.

i want to start detailing my car but have no clue on what products to use. based on what people have said, i was thinking first off id buy the Porter cable 7336 and get some zaino.

what do you guys think?

any input would be appreciated. buffing techniques, pad preferences, wax, etc.

thanx in advance.

Jngrbrdman
09-30-2002, 03:42 PM
Getting a polisher is a great idea. That will help attack the swirls in your paint. You`ll want to get a good swirl removing polish while you are at it. What kind depends on the color of your car and the condition of your paint.

Zaino is good stuff. You can`t go wrong with just about anything talked about on this board. I know that its kind of the message board way to tell newbies to use the search function, but in this case it really does help. Just about every question that you have can be answered in a search. A lot of members try to make their threads easier to find with a search by using lots of key words in their posts.

Good luck parusing the forums! Definatly feel free to ask us specific questions. Broad questions like "what shoud I use on my car" usually result in a "use the search button" kind of answer. Questions like "how do I get this scratch out" may get the same response, but it will also get some great advice given as well. Welcome to Autopia!

Oh, and don`t forget to check out David`s eBook. That is a great resource for how to use the polisher you want to get and how to get started detailing. :)

imported_Serenity18
10-01-2002, 10:43 AM
thanx for the input. i`ve been looking over the boards with t he search and learned a lot. i read about this meguires swirl remover. is there a place i can get some? i`ve tried the local car shops (autobarn, NAPA, etc) but thay seem to have just the wax and tire dress stuff. i have a red legend coupe and the paint is still glossy after i wash it so i`m thinking the paint is in good shape.

also, can you tell me where this ebook is?

thanx again.

-j

medic
10-01-2002, 12:09 PM
when you go to the homepage:

www.autopia.org, there will be a link to purchase the e-book.

shaf
10-01-2002, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by aiznpride

thanx for the input. i`ve been looking over the boards with t he search and learned a lot. i read about this meguires swirl remover. is there a place i can get some? i`ve tried the local car shops (autobarn, NAPA, etc) but thay seem to have just the wax and tire dress stuff. -j If they sell the Meguiar`s pro line in the beige bottles or 3M paint finishing stuff, they can probably order in these companies` swirl removal products and just don`t happen to have them on the shelf.