PDA

View Full Version : Mothers sealer and glaze and Meguiars #26 paste wax

hondaguy2582
09-30-2002, 02:05 PM
Well ppl, i decided i would try the #26 wax on my new honda civic(silver). First i washed my car with eagle one car was and my lambskin wash mitt. then applied my mother`s sealer and glaze(did not need to clean the paint since it was brand new). This product was easy to apply. Keep in mind that im doing this by hand for now till i get the pc 7424. Well after i got done removing the sealer and glaze, the paint was sparkling, shiny, and very smooth. Next i applied my #26, and when i first opened it up, it smelt like bananas. As i applied it on my applicator pad, it went on pretty smooth, but it left little yellow particles in the creaks of the car. I let it the wax cure overnight in the garage, and took it off the next day b4 i went to class. Overall, it was easy on, and pretty easy to remove, but those little particles that are on my pad from the wax still make me a little mad.

hondaguy2582
09-30-2002, 09:52 PM
following up to my post, how long do you think my coat of #26 will last b4 i have to put on another coat? i have the paste version of #26. I just need to know how long it will last b4 i have to redo the car again. Any other product suggestions that can be store bought(sorry don`t have the money for zaino, klasse, blackfire, etc...) would be appreciated!!!

laynlow
09-30-2002, 10:10 PM
To keep a good coat on I would apply at least once a month. More often if I had time.

If I remember correctly, it seemed like my 26 would last a couple months before I could see a difference in the beads.

Andre'
10-01-2002, 12:56 AM
When i used #26, i would get one month of protection, it looked good too. If you can find it, buy some #20 poly sealant, it will last 6 months or more. You can top #20 with #26 for a nicer look.

NattyBumppo
10-01-2002, 07:06 AM
I also was getting a solid 8 weeks of protection from #26 paste on my F150 (non-garaged, daily driver). But your environment is harsher than mine. Like was already suggested, I would try to wax every month for the winter season.

hondaguy2582
10-01-2002, 08:22 AM
So if i decide to use the #20, would i be able to apply it by hand instead of using a polisher? The reason i say this is bc i won`t be getting mine till xmas.

NattyBumppo
10-01-2002, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Abercrombie2582

So if i decide to use the #20, would i be able to apply it by hand instead of using a polisher? The reason i say this is bc i won`t be getting mine till xmas.

I know CharlesW uses Meg`s #20 applied by hand all the time. :up