PDA

View Full Version : Is my SG going bad??

GimmeTorq
09-30-2002, 12:10 AM
I just put a coat of Klasse SG on my Max yesterday and I noticed a rather "rotten" odor coming from the bottle. I also noticed small white particles mixed up in it, like some sort of residue. I always shake both products (AIO and SG) very well before applying but these white particles would not mix. Both products have always been stored at room temperature and never exposed to extreme temperatures. AIO looks and smells as when I bought it.

Is my SG decomposing somehow? Has anybody experience this?

crooper
09-30-2002, 12:14 AM
SG smells like ***. however, i don`t recall seeing clumps of anything in there. maybe i just didn`t notice it.

Andre'
09-30-2002, 02:11 AM
I have a old bottle of SG that`s very smell`y, but it has no residue and it works fine.:nixweiss All i can say is, if it doesn`t look right or work correctly i would pitch it.

old_gonzo
09-30-2002, 01:10 PM
I recently had the same experience with the Klasse SG. I went to use it on the Vette rims and noticed that it smelled rotten/foul. Not that Klasse SG ever smelled like a fruit salad, but this was noticeably foul.

Just to see, I used it anyway and it performed well - just smelled bad. The bottle is about 1 1/2 years old at this point. I thought that it should have a longer shelf life than that, but who knows? It seems that Klasse users are hard pressed to receive helpful customer support in regard to Klasse products.

I have not decided if I`ll hang onto it or throw it out.

GimmeTorq
10-01-2002, 09:25 PM
Yeah, it seems to perform OK but the residue is annoying. My bottle is close to a year old but who knows how long it since it sat around after manufactured... Maybe Klasse needs a "born-on-date" like the Buds. :D

I think I`ll keep it unless it stops performing. This stuff is too expensive to just throw away...

Later

old_gonzo
10-01-2002, 09:33 PM
What residue are you referring to? I`ve not had any issues with a residue left behind by Klasse SG. Just curious what you are experiencing.

GimmeTorq
10-01-2002, 10:55 PM
Maybe I`m not using the right term. It is more like small white particles or "flakes" diluted in the SG. As I apply it, I can see these particles all over the car`s surface. They are particularly obvious on my black car. It just seems like if some component of the SG has chemically separated and now "floats" on the SG.

shaf
10-02-2002, 12:13 AM
Do these flakes look like they could be just dried up SG that`s too solid to re-dissolve (or maybe the air has caused it to cure)? :nixweiss

imported_Intel486
10-02-2002, 03:43 PM
I know SG smells bad but I`ve never heard anyone say there were particles in it. When do you actually see the particles? Do you see them when you put it on the applicator or after it has been applied. Perhaps there is something on the applicator. What are you using to apply the SG?

GimmeTorq
10-02-2002, 09:44 PM
Intel486, I use a mf covered sponge.

I just pulled my SG bottle, shook it and dropped some of it in a clear plastic cup. As I let the SG touch the sides of the cup and then let it sit in the bottom of the cup, I can see the white "flakes" or residue left behind on the sides of the cup. It does seem like dried-up SG diluted in the liquid base, like 4DSC suggested, but where is it coming from?

I have kept the bottle at room temp and always tightly closed when not in use... :confused: Weird...

As long as it keeps performing, I`ll just ignore the "flakes"... :nixweiss