PDA

View Full Version : Meguair`s DACP, what`s the net step up in aggressiveness?

DougNew
08-31-2002, 05:11 PM
Out of curiousity (and because I still have some visible scratches and swirl marks following my last detail), I`m wondering what product is advised as a next level, more aggressive (but only slightly so) cleaner/polish after Meguiar`s Body Shop Professional Dual Action Cleaner Polish?

I used this and liked it very much, but want to know what might have a little more oomph without going overboard?

tkr128
08-31-2002, 06:57 PM
Based on the Agreesiveness chart that Meguiar`s puts on their "cleaners" the medium-cut cleaner would be next. The DACP has a level 6 and the medium-cut cleaner has a level 7.

I`m surprised the DACP doesn`t cut it. You might want to try it again before using a more agressive product. If you can feel the scratches with your fingernail, then you won`t be able to remove them, at least for the most part.

caddyman
08-31-2002, 07:02 PM
ya, try the DACP again, because more passes of a less agressive products will be better for (easier on) your paint. If not then move on up to meg`s #2(Finecutcleaner)

JAGOWNER1981
08-31-2002, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by ejant

If you have a more agressiver pad you may want to try it.

I am assuming you are using a ROB and not a rotary.

I agree, DACP with a wool pad is pretty agressive, check out what it did for this 1998 black maxima with 174,000 miles.

This is before DACP :eek:

http://autopia.ws/photopost/data/500/2597beforedacp.jpg

This is after polishing with DACP and a wool pad, same exact spot.

http://autopia.ws/photopost/data/500/2597afterdacp.jpg

shaf
09-01-2002, 02:38 AM
Wow, that`s impressive Alboston! :up

Someone sure hit that Maxima with a Brillo pad... :(

imported_Tony
09-01-2002, 02:55 AM
Al, Thats awesome. Best eveidence I have seen that a PC can remove swirls/scratches. You did use a PC?

Great pictures

DougNew
09-01-2002, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by ejant

If you have a more agressiver pad you may want to try it.

I am assuming you are using a ROB and not a rotary.

Yes, I`m using Porter`s random orbital.

Tried it with a Lake Country Yellow Pad. Next step would be the wool…:nixweiss

DougNew
09-01-2002, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by caddyman

ya, try the DACP again, because more passes of a less agressive products will be better for (easier on) your paint. If not then move on up to meg`s #2(Finecutcleaner)

You may be right. I was using about a silver-dollar`s sized amount of the DACP on the pad over a 2`X2` section of, say, the hood. I`d run about four passes up and down, then four passes sideways, then repeat once (up and down, and sideways) until the DACP was well hazed or almost gone.

All of this sound right?