PDA

View Full Version : Is It Okay If I...

thegeek
08-31-2002, 09:27 AM
Last weekend, I Dawned the car, claybarred it w/ Clay Magic. After that I washed it with Meguiars Soap and then used 3M`s Swirl Mark Remover. Once done, I followed up w/ 2 coats of Eagle One Wet Polish/Wax 1-Step Process on the whole car, and then Some Meguiars Quik Detailer on the hood, roof, and top of the trunk. I was wondering if it`d be okay if I washed it this weekend, and polished/waxed w/ Meguiars #7 Polish, and #26 Liquid wax? I only used that stuff last weekend because its all I had, and I wanted to finish off the bottle and I did, and it`s all gone, so I was wondering if I could use the #7 and #26 this weekend after washing her? Thanks a lot guys..

Brad B
08-31-2002, 10:48 AM
Yes. The stuff you used last week isn`t that durable. Wash well again with the shampoo, or to be sure you remove it thoroughly, wash with Dawn dishwashing liquid, that will strip all old wax off and give you a squeaky clean surface to start fresh with the new wax.:up

Be sure you are using quality wash mitts, drying towels and polishing towels so you are not making swirls.

thegeek
09-01-2002, 03:28 AM
Well, I washed again and used the Meguiars # 7 and # 26, and all I can say is WOW! A nice reflection on a white car. It`s never looked so clean; I`m so happy. Whens the next time I should Polish/Wax my car? A month, 2 weeks? How long until the next one? Thanks. 91 views, wow...