PDA

View Full Version : CMA suggests not to use Souveran over Klasse SG

kenneth
08-31-2002, 12:05 AM
This is news to me. I`m using AIO+SG+Souveran on my car and I`m quite happy with the results.

"Do not use Klasse`s companion product, High Gloss Sealant Glaze. While Pinnacle Souveran paste wax is magical over All-In-One, it doesn`t like the Sealant Glaze. Waxing over High Gloss Sealant Glaze can produce hazy patches or ghosting."

http://www.properautocare.com/klaskit.html

Kenneth

imported_Intel486
08-31-2002, 12:13 AM
Has anyone experienced this?

I wonder how they figure this out. Maybe they were using Klasse SG, had several layers on, applied Souveran, and then noticed the infamous Klasse SG haze after Souveran was applied.

Maybe we should ask them as it could have just been the Klasse SG haze and they didn`t notice it until Souveran was applied. Or maybe they have some Chemical information about how Souveran reacts with Klasse SG. :nixweiss

thevolvoguy
08-31-2002, 12:21 AM
Souveran looks great on top of the 4x SG on a relatives red explorer. I got the SG haze before the Souveran was applied, but with a wash, QD and 2 more coats that was gone. The Souveran enhanced the SG, it did not haze it by any means... at least in my case.

Anyone had problems w/ this?

shaf
08-31-2002, 03:30 AM
What the?!? I don`t use Souveran, but it simply says SG doesn`t like to be waxed over. This totally goes against the experiences of lots of people who wax over SG with Souveran or otherwise. AFAIK, the Klasse twins with Souveran topper is still considered one of those "ultimate" combos. :nixweiss

I know silver is harder to see any problems in, but I`m 100% sure I don`t have anything that could be confused with a "haze". Everything`s perfect. I think Intel486`s explaination is good.....

boywonder
08-31-2002, 07:21 AM
I digress severely with that finding. My `94 Maxima has had that combo and I saw no haze whatsoever in SG or Souveran application.

imported_seres
08-31-2002, 10:03 AM
Here are two scenarios that we just dealt with:

Dk. blue 2001 M5 -- after applying Souveran over 2 layers of SG we noticed the haze - mostly on the hood. We did finally get it off, with lots of buffing!

Black 2002 F150 -- this time we were very careful to remove ALL the SG on each layer -- using halogens & flourescents we could see the haze that was left even after we thought we had it all off!! Whew!!

We did 5 SG layers total (I think my arms are going to fall off from all that extra buffing) then applied Souveran. No haze!! yay!! We really felt the Souveran enhanced the SG also, giving it amazing depth & warmth.

http://www.geocities.com/shanninic/afternosebest.JPG

I think the key is getting all that SG off -- you think you have it off, then on careful inspection it`s still there. Plus, it seem that using QD or water (damp MF) to get it all off makes the haze worse!

On a lighter colored car, you just can`t see the very light amounts of SG that`s left over.

IMHO - this is really too much work -- the SG is just so stinking hard to get off!! I love the way Klasse looks, especially with Souveran -- but the extra work to get it off is very frustrating!

So we may just have to try out Zaino!!

edit: I agree with Intel also - SG haze was there -- just magnified after applying Souveran.

RonPirate
08-31-2002, 10:06 AM
Why not just put the Souvern over AIO and forget the SG?

hinton59
08-31-2002, 10:45 AM
If you`ll very lightly (very lightly) spray some Sonus Sonacrylix over the dried SG and use a good MF towel, the SG will dissappear like money from my wallet, i.e., pretty dadgum quick. The cool thing is that the Sonus has the same "acylics" that the Klasse`s have. Sort of makes me feel better than using water or some other QD.

Trust me, I was ready to go get my wife and 2 kids to help remove the SG :mad: but some how I got this revelation. It works like a charm. 2 light sprays for the whole hood, a couple for the top, you get the idea. Just enough to make things damp.:xyxthumbs

imported_seres
08-31-2002, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by Gebo

If you`ll very lightly (very lightly) spray some Sonus Sonacrylix over the dried SG and use a good MF towel, the SG will dissappear like money from my wallet, i.e., pretty dadgum quick. The cool thing is that the Sonus has the same "acylics" that the Klasse`s have. Sort of makes me feel better than using water or some other QD.

Trust me, I was ready to go get my wife and 2 kids to help remove the SG :mad: but some how I got this revelation. It works like a charm. 2 light sprays for the whole hood, a couple for the top, you get the idea. Just enough to make things damp.:xyxthumbs

Well, looks like I`ll be placing another CMA order!! :) I hate the idea of giving up on Klasse because I love the look.

Believe me, I applied the SG so thinly you wouldn`t believe, and tried all the methods suggested on Autopia (damp towel, dry towel; spritz with QD; longer drying time, etc) with no luck. I`m willing to try anything, and it makes sense if the Sonus has the same formula.

Jngrbrdman
08-31-2002, 03:45 PM
I don`t know of anyone that used more SG on their car than I did. I probably had 20 coats on my car when I started using pinnacle wax. I started out with PPG and then used Souveran. I never had anything but awesome results. Of course, after 20+ coats of SG, I was getting pretty darn good at buffing it off. I`ve got a white car too, so its just that much harder. I`ve never had any problems with Souveran or PPG over SG. Zip. None. Nadda. If CMA was seeing hazing then maybe the SG hadn`t cured properly. How long after the SG layer did they put the wax on?

shaf
08-31-2002, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by zaniix

Why not just put the Souvern over AIO and forget the SG? Because AIO by itself is thin and boring. A few layers of SG has several nice benefits and I can`t see myself ever using Klasse (on my car anyway) without it.

JAGOWNER1981
08-31-2002, 04:56 PM
When I used to use Klasse I would use Sonus to aid in buffing, I have half a bottle left, anyone want to buy it? That and Klasse`s lack of slickness is what turned me off from the whole system. Oh well.

imported_seres
08-31-2002, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by AlBoston

When I used to use Klasse I would use Sonus to aid in buffing, I have half a bottle left, anyone want to buy it? That and Klasse`s lack of slickness is what turned me off from the whole system. Oh well.

I PM`d you, Al

ALM
09-30-2002, 04:44 PM
That blows my mind...I`ve been putting Souveran over 5x coats of KSG for over a year and had nothing but great results! It was mayor David that always pushed this combo, and he was aways talking to the people @ CMA, I wonder what happened?