PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use Z5 only ?

Pages : [1] 2

maxshine
08-30-2002, 01:04 PM
I`m thinking of trying Zaino at some point and thought on Dark Blue Z5 alone may be the best choice. (or should you always finish with Z2)

Thanks for any comments.

jmsc
08-30-2002, 02:09 PM
Can Z5 on its own be used for polishing the mag/chrome/alloy wheels to alleviate brake dust? Does it work or help cut down on the dust?

MikeLS
08-30-2002, 02:33 PM
Zaino will not really prevent a brake dust buildup, but then again, almost nothing will. What it will do is make cleaning the wheel much much easier in the future because the dust doesn`t bond with the metal wheel as strong, or much at all actually. It will usually clean off with soap, water, and a clean towel or mitt. This helps in another way too by not having to use harsh wheel cleaners on the wheels to clean them up.

Regardless of the wax you use, it`s beneficial to use it on the wheels also! Just note that carnauba waxes can`t withstand the high temps at wheel surfaces and will not last like polymers. Zaino, Klasse, nuFinish, Liquid Glass, etc.. all work pretty well on wheels.

jfeliot
08-30-2002, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by maxshine

I`m thinking of trying Zaino at some point and thought on Dark Blue Z5 alone may be the best choice. (or should you always finish with Z2)

Thanks for any comments.

For dark colors I`d personally go with Z5. I know on my bright red Z28, Z2 is almost too glossy, makes the paint look washed out in bright sunlight.

One thing I do like about Z2 is it seems to provide a sharpness to the edges and body contours I like. Am going to try mixing Z5 & Z2 to see if I can get exactly the effect I`m after.

Just my $.02

nyyankees_1972
08-30-2002, 10:53 PM
So far I have only used Z5 on my black car, and Im very pleased with the looks and protection. I have put about 5 layers of Z5 on, and I plan on applying 2-3 more before applying 1-2 Z2.

turnipgreen
09-30-2002, 08:29 AM
If I had it to do over again I would only order Z5. I`ve used almost all of it (on my two dark cars) while I still have most of the bottle of Z2 just because I like the look I get with Z5.

imported_Dude
09-30-2002, 11:29 AM
I have a dark blue car. I only use Z5 on it. The difference between Z5 and Z2 on dark colored cars is negligible. On a lighter colored car, like silver, the difference is significant; on a dark car, there is little or no difference.

laynlow
09-30-2002, 11:37 AM
I have Z5 and Z2, but lately I have been leaning toward using Z5 only. I think my last 2 apps have been Z5 only. I can`t tell a difference when I top with Z2, YMMV.

Black Bauer
09-30-2002, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by Dude

I have a dark blue car. I only use Z5 on it. The difference between Z5 and Z2 on dark colored cars is negligible. On a lighter colored car, like silver, the difference is significant; on a dark car, there is little or no difference.

Hi,

When you mentioned significant, you mean Z2 is better or Z5? I have used Z2 on my previous silver civic and it`s pretty good! My present car is blue, but it seems neither light nor dark. What would you recommend?

Thanks in advance! :bounce

laynlow
09-30-2002, 09:33 PM
Stocker,

Given that Z5 is supposed to help fill swirls and Z2 is supposed to be the clearest (optically perfect); most people believe that Z5 enhances dark colored cars, and Z2 enhances light colored cars the best.

The difference is subtle, but I would tend to agree with the thought. OTT there isn`t much difference between the two.

Black Bauer
09-30-2002, 09:49 PM
yo laynlow,

Thanks for your reply. Guess I will try experimenting with my "neither light nor dark" blue color to see what works best! :D

imported_Dude
10-01-2002, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by stocker

Hi,

When you mentioned significant, you mean Z2 is better or Z5? I have used Z2 on my previous silver civic and it`s pretty good! My present car is blue, but it seems neither light nor dark. What would you recommend?

Thanks in advance! :bounce

Z2 looks better on my wife`s silver car. Z5 looks great on it too, but Z2 REALLY makes it look good. On my dark (midnight) blue car, however, I can`t really see any difference between Z2 and Z5. Z2 seems to somehow make the edges of the car look a little sharper at night, but that`s it. I can`t see any difference during the day; they look exactly the same.

Gatorfan
10-01-2002, 12:32 PM
On my black car, I can notice a pretty marked difference between Z2 and Z5. Z5 gives a dark shine, possible a slightly more carnauba look. Z2 gives a silvery shimmer which I personally love. Some may say it`s less true to the actual paint color, but I can`t stop looking back at it as I make my long walks through parking lots.

Black Bauer
10-20-2002, 07:22 PM
Thanks guys for all your replies. I`ll be getting my new car in 2 days and boy I`m excited. Anyway I just got another bottle of Z2 and I noticed it smells and looks a little different from my previous bottle.

It seems more waterey, orangery, and not so sweet smelling as compared to the more pinkish and thick formulation in my old bottle?? :confused:

p.s. I had tried to do a search but the search engine would not accept "Z2" as one of the search terms, any get around to this?

Appreciated all answers, thanks! :)

laynlow
10-20-2002, 07:43 PM
You can get around the search limit using a wildcard. For example, to search for Z2 enter "Z2*"