PDA

View Full Version : Drying off car??

LexGS3
08-30-2002, 05:22 AM
Hey guys i have a question. I know MF towels are the best to use but i wanted to know your guys opinions on this. I had bought this thing called The Absorber, it almost feels like a rubber towel but does a great job of removing water. Anyone know any negative things about using this? Im assuming that it could possibly scratch the paint? Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks,

John

ultrajim49
08-30-2002, 05:46 AM
Hi,

Verry welcome aboard,

fasten your seatbelts `cause you`re on a fast ride `cross detailing knowledge.

To answer your Q:http://autopia.ws/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9368&highlight=absorber

Interested in more?

1)buy David`s Guide to detailing

2)http://www.autopia.ws/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5120

3)read this forum , search the archives

Happy detailing:wavey

medic159
08-30-2002, 10:32 AM
Personally I use a leaf blower to dry my car. It gets in everywhere and does a great job. I then use my concours towels to finish up.

I`ve been using a leaf blower for years and it works very well!

DigiDan
08-30-2002, 11:02 AM
Rock on DFTowel - the leaf blower solution is excellent.

Less friction on the paint from chamois, BigBlue, etc, means less wear and tear on the wax. I`ve been using S100, so the beading is phenomenal.....and the leaf blower (electric, be careful with the gas powered) gets the WHOLE car dry in minutes, cracks/crevices and everything.

I still want to get a Big Blue towel to use when I don`t use the blower, sounds like an excellent product.

ULUA.LAWAIA
08-30-2002, 12:50 PM
Hi John,

I used the Absorber for a while and it was fine. The only risk you run of scratching your paint is if you have dirt or other particles on your paint that get dragged along by the Absorber. It is a bit nerveracking hearing that squeaking noise made when you drag the Absorber, and it`s probably safer just opening up the towel to full size and laying it on your paint, blotting it rather than dragging it. I`ve since switched to a MF towel because it`s a bit easier to use and doesn`t need to be wrung out.

DougNew
08-30-2002, 01:03 PM
Used The Absorber for a couple years, it`s terrific product (used properly, i.e., gently, free of particles, and wrung out regularly during drying), you can`t go wrong.

I have of late switched over to the Big Blue Drying Towel, which I prefer because of its softness and ability to completely dry a spot rather than get almost but not all the water off. I find that when my car`s freshly detailed, though, I need two Big Blues to really do the job right, whereas I only needed one Absorber.

One suggestions is to do the first run with the Absorber, then follow with the Big Blue.

Nonetheless, the Absorber is a good and safe product.

2wheelsx2
08-30-2002, 01:10 PM
Yup, to echo the words of most people here, I started using the Absorber last year, after reading some reviews here, and now I sheet the water, then blot using the Absorber, and then finish up with a single MF. Works great and saves piles of time.

Mmmph
08-30-2002, 02:38 PM
The absorber is a strange beast...It`s great for the roof of my RX 300, which puddles water during a wash.

Vegas1
08-31-2002, 08:34 AM
I also use a leaf blower, going on 2 years now and I love it. With the blower and Zaino it drys in no time at all. Any drops of water left get a dab with a MF towel.

ALAN81
08-31-2002, 09:04 AM
if your car has any amount of wax on the paint very little water sticks .I can see using a blower but one at most two passes over the car with a MF towel the car is dry.its simple

thegeek
08-31-2002, 09:13 AM
Im going to try the blower this weekend after I wash the car and then I guess if I see any spots, the MF towel would dry them fine.

Brad B
08-31-2002, 10:59 AM
I use an Absorber (actually I like the Wizards Water Bandit best) every time I dry the car. I LAY it on the car, never wipe with it, lift and lay it on another section. I then follow up with a Wafffle Weave Microfiber. :xyxthumbs

http://fototime.com/3D412C69DDB8116/standard.jpg

Redcar GUY
08-31-2002, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Vegas1

I also use a leaf blower, going on 2 years now and I love it. With the blower and Zaino it drys in no time at all. Any drops of water left get a dab with a MF towel.

yep me too;)

NGB34747
09-30-2002, 04:16 AM
is the MicroFiber detailing cloth made by meguires any good for drying cars? I know that cloth is really good for buffing out waxes and such.... just not sure about as a absorber

Also, somebody mentioned that MF towels does not need to be wrung out..... so what do you do when the towel is wet?

finally, is there some special procedures that I need to go through to wash the MF towels?? or do I just shove it in with the rest of the laundry?