PDA

View Full Version : Horror Story

Magellan498
08-29-2002, 08:49 PM
I just finished detailing a Crown Victoria that the site of will haunt my dreams for quite a while. I think it would be safe to say that its never seen a coat of any kind of wax ever. But thats not the worst part. I have dealt with cruddier paint. The interior was a complete mess. The floor mats were the kind that hadn`t been cleaned in at least 3 years. They were the kind that you beat and beat but the dust just keeps coming. Pretty much all of the interior was like that. The seats were full of dirt, back mats full of stains and a strange gunk of some kind (I started feeling kinda sick after cleaning that) and I think my little Dirt Devil vacuum has finally recieved its final blow. I know this is probably not the worst car ever but it will rank pretty high for a while with me untill I find something even more dirty. The worst part is that I charged about $30 for what should have been at least $120 because it was family. I doubt the owner will ever know how well he got off.... Oh well though. Anyone else have any detailing horror stories?

thevolvoguy
08-29-2002, 09:09 PM
Miguel,

Wow... I have had some similar experiences. Try detailing a realator`s `99 BLACK Grand Marquis that had never been washed before me, and trying to rub out stains that were so deeply embeded in the leather that once you got them out... the cheap ford leather started peeling. ugh..

Anyway, Im sure you did a great job, as usuall.

Hows that GS300 been lately?

Havent seen pics up here yet...:nixweiss

BTW: I am sure the guy will never know how well he got off with $30, but it was satisfying when it was all done right?? Thats what counts the most. Good Work! :xyxthumbs :xyxthumbs

~Your neighbor

imported_Intel486
08-29-2002, 11:26 PM
Atleast you got $30 for something like that...

Most of my family wants me to do really horrible cars for FREE!!!

I`ve done a few though... taking time out of my vacation!

When I drove up to Kansas not too long ago, half my bed was filled with detailing supplies!

Magellan498
08-30-2002, 06:32 AM
Wow for free huh... I don`t think he would have payed me either but for the fact that he sat in my garage watching me do the work for the whole 2 1/2 hours. I think he felt that he should pay me. But yea I went to see family in Louisiana in the country and all my aunts and uncles wanted me to do free details... I got out of it saying I didn`t bring my things ;)

vicious28shine
09-03-2011, 03:39 PM
I know how you feel, I have had them floor mats that create mini dust bowls. Then once your done beating them, and spray with degreaser, then power-wash them it pours off like mud. Do you keep

some 3m masks around, I would.