PDA

View Full Version : Purple Applicator

tkr128
08-29-2002, 08:36 PM
I bought some purple cotton terry applicators the other day. They pass the CD and burn test, but I`m hesitant about using them on my paint because they`re purple. Are they safe for the paint or should I just use them somewhere else? They were pretty cheap compared to the Zaino ones, so I bought a couple. Thanks

Here`s a picture of one of them:

Purple Applicator (http://autopia.ws/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=197)

Jngrbrdman
08-29-2002, 08:45 PM
Maybe wash them with some vinegar so the color is sure to be set. I don`t think they would be dangerous though. What was the purpose they were intended for? If it was for applying polish then I can`t help but believe they are safe. Maybe just use them on the interior of your car if you are too worried about it though.

shaf
08-29-2002, 08:56 PM
Where did you get this? I`ve seen tons of pads similar to this in multiple colours at dollar stores for like 50 cents each. I`ve always just assumed they were cheap junk so I never bought any. This one appears to be slightly higher quality though.

tkr128
08-30-2002, 07:28 PM
I bought these from the Carnuba Store (detailingdepot.com) I guess if they sell it in a store like that, they should be paint friendly, right??