PDA

View Full Version : hints for the new guy

fmitchell10
08-29-2002, 04:16 AM
OK I got my PC and the CMA kit along with KAIO, PPCL and some S100. Is the PPCL and KAIO counter productive? Or should I apply both.

Thanks

fmitchell10
08-29-2002, 04:58 AM
yeah S100 for a topper. The car is silver if that makes any difference. Should I use the PPCL or the KAIO. I didn`t get the SG.

fmitchell10
08-29-2002, 04:49 PM
I was planing a dawn wash followed by claying the complete car. Then rewashing with dawn and drying with big blue. From there I was going to used the PC and hit it with AIO and see how I like it. Since the AIO doesn`t change the look of the paint but it cleans it is it usles to use the PPCL? I have the complete weekend. What happens when layering the AIO will I get a smoother shinyer surface? Then for the topper I am going to S100 it.

Help me out

imported_Intermezzo
08-29-2002, 05:03 PM
Ryan, like the previous posters have stated, just use one or the other. It`s not necessary to use both AIO & PPCL.

Use AIO if protection is your main concern... Use PPCL if you want the best shine possible.

Multiple applications of AIO might make your paint look a little better, but not because you are adding layers of acrylic to your paint. It will have more to do with the fact that you`ll be doing a more complete cleaning to your car. I find that PPCL leaves a slicker surface than does AIO.

Also, there`s no need to do a dawn wash after you clay your car. In fact (& some folks here may disagree with me), there`s no need to do a wash at all after claying if you plan to use a paint cleanser like PPCL or AIO.