PDA

View Full Version : Best Shampoo for White Paint?

hinton59
08-28-2002, 10:23 PM
I`ve done the search and I`ve grown tired of looking. It looks like Eimann Powerwash is the best overall choice for shampooing the exterior of a white car. What is your 2 cents?:D

imported_Intel486
08-28-2002, 11:35 PM
I don`t think shampoo prefers one color over another...

I personally like Meguiar`s Gold Class Shampoo and Pro`s Cherry Suds.

ULUA.LAWAIA
08-29-2002, 02:35 PM
Intel486 ,

This Pro`s Cherry Suds you mention sounds interesting. Where do you get it from?

KSCobra46
08-29-2002, 03:23 PM
I`ve had good results from Meguiars Gold Class on my white car also.

imported_Intel486
08-29-2002, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Cindy H

Intel486 ,

This Pro`s Cherry Suds you mention sounds interesting. Where do you get it from?

It is made by Pro. Their webpage is prowax.com

You can email them and they`ll send you the address of your local distributor of their products. Good to find a distributor because you can always call them and ask them any question you want. Plus, most some will deliver for free.

I think a gallon of it is only like $9.95 I`ll have to check my recent billing.

hinton59
08-29-2002, 09:37 PM
Intel486,

I was looking thru some car products and several made mention that their shampoo was best for dark colors such as black and dark red. i assumed that it must be a more expensive shampoo that I really wouldn`t need considering I have a white car. In the shampoo ads they made mention that their shampoo would do a better job hiding swirls and such on a dark car. I`m trying eikman`s power wash. Whatcha think? Am I being anal?

RonPirate
08-29-2002, 09:46 PM
A shampoo can not hide swirls. A shampoo should clean a car and leave it void of contaminants. It should only clean the car.

If a shampoo claims to do anything , but that it must be introduceing something else to the paint which IMHO is a bad thing.

I mean its just a soap of some sort.

Anyway I use Z7 when I have Zaino and Megs Deep crystal wash with anything else.

imported_Intel486
08-29-2002, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by Gebo

Intel486,

I was looking thru some car products and several made mention that their shampoo was best for dark colors such as black and dark red. i assumed that it must be a more expensive shampoo that I really wouldn`t need considering I have a white car. In the shampoo ads they made mention that their shampoo would do a better job hiding swirls and such on a dark car. I`m trying eikman`s power wash. Whatcha think? Am I being anal?

If they are claiming that, then they are adding some sort of oils or wax into their car soap, which doesn`t do anything at all.

Most hype products are just that. Lost of hype. Get a quality car wash that doesn`t have any BS about it.

Soap cleans your car. It doesn`t provide a layer of wax, polish, or do anything else.

mrdetailer
08-30-2002, 12:21 AM
Shampoos are rinsed off. Seems strange that they would be colored. Never found better than Gold Class myself.