PDA

View Full Version : What should i use to clean the paint

RickyN F355
08-28-2002, 06:25 PM
on a red F355? I`m looking for something to clean the paint before i use imperial hand glaze to fill in the swirls.

d_o_a96
08-28-2002, 08:04 PM
As in a paint cleanser, PPCL (Pinnacle Paint Cleansing Lotion) should do fine. I think you can pick it up at www.properautocare.com

MikeLS
08-28-2002, 09:03 PM
IHG will only temporarily fill your swirls, kinda like a bandaid for your paint. After the first wash or rain shower, they will all come back. The IHG is 60 to 80% water anyway! That`s expensive water! If you need to tackle swirls I`d suggest a long term filler like Zaino Z5 or an abrasive swirl remover. Personally, I`d prefer the nonabrasive route whenever possible.

For paint cleaning, try P21s/S100 paint cleanser, Pinnacle PPCL, or Meguiar`s paint cleaners.

:)

imported_Intel486
08-28-2002, 11:29 PM
If you only want to fill in swirls, then Imperial Hand Glaze is the way to go.

Might be a good idea though to actually remove the swirls from your paint and then seal your paint with a nice carnauba wax.

A polish like Meguiar`s #9 or Pro`s Swirl Eliminator and Polish would work for your need.

imported_BretFraz
08-29-2002, 08:03 AM
I agree with those who suggest you remove the swirls, not hide them. IHG will only cover them up for a short while; terrific if you are showing the car and need it to look awesome for a few hours, but lousy if you want a somewhat more permanent solution.

Z5 stinks as a swirl filler/remover. Too bad it`s promoted as such as it really doesn`t work that way.The time you`ll spend layering coat after coat after coat of Z5 is better spent doing a one-time application of Meguiar`s #9 or 3M SMR.

If you apply a SMR properly then I`ll bet you won`t even want a glaze. The paint should look near perfect.