PDA

View Full Version : How long does Zaino last on the shelf

gearhead58
08-28-2002, 06:08 PM
Going to put another big order but wanted to know what the self life for Zaino product. I want to get a big order in to save on shipping.

DCT
08-28-2002, 06:19 PM
accordlegend,

I asked Sal that same exact question a while back. Here`s the info he sent me back! You`ll need to check with him on the ZFX. I asked this question long before it was available.

Z-1 For optimum results use before 3 years.

Z-2 For optimum results use before 3 years.

Z-5 For optimum results use before 3 years.

Z-6 5 years +

Z-7 5 years +

Z-9 5 years +

Z-10 For optimum results use before 2 years.

Z-12 For optimum results use before 2 years.

Z-14 For optimum results use before 2 years.

Z-16 3 to 5 years

Z-18 5 years +

Hope this helps.

gearhead58
08-28-2002, 06:28 PM
Thanks for great info

DCT
08-28-2002, 06:38 PM
accordlegend,

Your welcome, and one more thing........... the above recommendations are based upon storing the "Z" products in a "cool, dry place"!

gearhead58
08-28-2002, 06:43 PM
Did Sal say if the product was ever opened or is the self life for brand new unopend prducts.

DCT
08-28-2002, 07:41 PM
accordlegend,

I`m pretty sure the Z1, Z2, Z5, Z6, and Z7 do not come with any "seal" on the top of the bottle. Therefore, IMHO, they really are "opened" as soon as they are manufactured, and the shelf life starts at that point! The Z16 tire gloss does have a little red cap under the lid (probably to prevent spillage more than seal).

To be on the safe side, you probably would want to check with Sal. I`m sure he would be more than happy to answer your questions. Personally, to be on the safe side, I only buy enough for one years worth of detailing!

Also, I don`t know how long you`ve been using "Z", but here is a "rough" guide to what I use a year. These numbers are based upon about 8 months of detailing during the year, with a wash and QD about once a week with fairly frequent coats of Z. I have an F-150 SuperCrew which is a big vehicle. You will need to judge in proportion to the size of you vehicle.

1 of the "tiny" bottles of ZFX.

About 1/4 bottle of Z1 (still use, but only occasionally)

1/2 bottle of Z2 (use more Z5 now)

1 bottle of Z5

3 bottles of Z7

4 bottles of Z6

1 bottle of Z16

irisservice
08-29-2002, 12:34 PM
White_F150,

If you don`t mind me asking...

Why do you use more Z5 now than Z2? Isn`t Z5 just to get the swirls masked and then you switch to the Z2?

I`m a Zaino newbie and have 3 coats of Z5, but was planning on switching to Z2 after about 2 more this weekend.

Thanks!