PDA

View Full Version : stain removal

Detailing NY
08-27-2002, 03:46 PM
Interior stains can really hurt the value of your car, so it is up to you to get it removed as soon as possible. Following some simple steps can save you a lot of time & money in the future.

What i strongly suggest is that you carry a small bottle of meguiar`s all purpose cleaner in the car. Now when you get the fruit punch stain on your light tan carpet, all you need to do is simply spray it on as fast as you can and pat the carpet down with a towel. DO NOT RUB THE FRUIT PUNCH INTO THE CARPET!

By spraying this on the stain as fast a possible you will still have a chance preventing the fabric from absorbing the stain. Then you can use a wet/dry vac to suck it all up. remember time is everything with a stain, the longer it sits the better chance you have of needing new carpet or getting the carpet died.

What i suggest to everyone is dont eat in your car, you are only asking for trouble. Go find a product called stoners fabric protect, this stuff really works and protects the carpet and cloth seat from stains, but it does not last long, you will need to reply every 6 months or so.

Green Monster
08-30-2002, 07:30 AM
How about Scotchsguard is that about same or equal to Stoners Fabric Protectant?

I have used Scotchguard before and can get it locally.

samiam513
09-01-2002, 08:21 PM
scotchguard didn`t work for me.....

airjames
07-09-2003, 04:02 PM
Pro makes a product called Pro-Gard. I havn`t tried it out but It looks like good stuff??? They make a Professional formula and one in a Aerosol can. The Professional version is # PG-77 and Aerosol is APG-88. Anyone try it out???? Just my $.02,,,,,91

jimmybuffit
12-06-2003, 08:05 AM
Red stains (Hawaiian punch, red pop, candy, etc.) are, for me, impossible to remove with normal techniques.

"Red Relief" is a two-part product which uses heat transfer to accomplish the mission. Mix a smalll amount of A and B in spray bottle. Spray directly on the stain, cover with a clean cotton towel, and apply heat from an iron for 30 seconds. Voila!

It really works.

Jim

madazskunk
12-10-2003, 04:09 AM
Where do you get red relief and who makes it?

togwt
12-10-2003, 10:07 AM
~One man’s opinion~

I used to use Scotchguard and found it OK but not very durable. At the suggestion of someone on this forum I tried 303 High Tech Fabric (Scotchguard on steroids, was the description used) I’ve used it exclusively ever since.

Experience unshared; is knowledge wasted…/

~ justadumbarchitect ~so I question everything ~

BumpersPlus2
12-10-2003, 06:31 PM
I use the red relief, and it WORKS. I mix 50/50 in a cup, dip a rag in the solution and agitate the red stain, wet a terry cloth towel and ring it out well, place rag on stain, and put iron on rag for 1-5 minutes. MAKE SURE THE RAG STAYS DAMP, IT WILL BURN. I charge 25-50.00 to the dealers, easy money. It doesnt work well on orange dye stains. I get mine from Superior Restoration.

imported_ajbarnes
12-10-2003, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by TOGWT

~One man’s opinion~

I used to use Scotchguard and found it OK but not very durable. At the suggestion of someone on this forum I tried 303 High Tech Fabric (Scotchguard on steroids, was the description used) I’ve used it exclusively ever since.

Experience unshared; is knowledge wasted…/

~ justadumbarchitect ~so I question everything ~

Same Here.:xyxthumbs

imported_Greg
12-10-2003, 09:00 PM
I`m pretty sure TOL carries a similar product to the red relief, cannot comment on it though as I have not used it.