PDA

View Full Version : Foam Applicator Question

CharlesW
08-27-2002, 01:32 PM
O.K., so now I have purchased Viking foam applicators. What about the old Meguiar`s foam applicators that I have several of?

I think I will try to cut a slot in one side to allow a couple of fingers to go inside, my idea being that I will be able to hang onto them better, rather than periodically throwing one on the floor. Anyone tried this?

Charles

imported_memnuts
08-27-2002, 01:56 PM
Just use the old Meg pads for wheels, door jams, exhaust tips, engine compartment, and etc.:xyxthumbs :wavey

jmsc
08-27-2002, 02:34 PM
From whom can I order the Viking foam applicators? I`d like to try them. Thanks.

CharlesW
08-27-2002, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by jmsc

From whom can I order the Viking foam applicators? I`d like to try them. Thanks.

In my area, Iowa, Auto Zone was the only place I found them.

I have heard that K-Mart also has them. Didn`t check.

They were not at these stores when I was looking:

Wal-Mart

Target

O`Riley`s

Advance Auto Parts

Auto Value (Arnold`s)

Jocko`s

NAPA

They might be easier to find online, but the shipping will probably be more than the applicators.

Good luck,

Charles

MikeLS
08-27-2002, 03:27 PM
I also find the Meguiar`s pads extremely difficult to hold on to. They just want to jump out of my hand when using them. I really like the Vikings though! So, I agree with blkZ, use them for other parts, engine, wheels, tires (dressings), jambs & crevices, etc...

:)

DCT
08-27-2002, 03:53 PM
I`m might have to try some of these Vikings pads, and maybe some MF pads with my "Z". I just hope they clean up well after they`ve been saturated with Z5 and ZFX? :nixweiss

Have you guys been able to clean them up pretty well? With the Meguiars pads, I just clean them as best as possible after one use of the Z/ZFX, and use them for something else!

MikeLS
08-27-2002, 04:16 PM
To clean the pads I soak them with alcohol and hot running water until it appears most residue is gone. With the Vikings you can really ring them tight as well and they will retain their shape afterwards. Rinse and ring works for me.

:)