PDA

View Full Version : Too many good products for plastics?

BoxsterCharlie
08-27-2002, 11:42 AM
I started with Armor-all, which I used for many years. As I got more into detailing I dropped that in favor of Lexol’s Vinylex product. Then I discovered that Plexus is great for exterior plastics (in addition to the rear clear plastic convertible window I bought it for). Now I’m into 303 and Plexus exclusively. But I’m reading now that Klasse is great on plastic, too! (haven`t tried it) I even tried 303 on my rear window because I thought it might protect it better than Plexus (it proved too prone to smearing).

Frankly, I don’t see how you could go wrong with any of these products. My question is, do you guys get confused which bottle to reach for too? Do you have a rule for what to use on different plastics?

-Charlie

thevolvoguy
08-27-2002, 11:55 AM
heh.. yeah Im getting tired of having to make this decision every time too. I usually use Plexus, or Meguiar`s Natural Shine.

They both work well, Plexus is better on clear plastics, like tail lights, etc... and the Meg`s stuff is better on solid plastics like parts on the dash, and trim pieces....

Of corse I have some other favorites too, Volvo sells some plastic cleaner that is a gel, it cleans very well and leaves a matte finish, not oily at all.

You can never get enough of Meg`s GC trim restorer, and Mothers Back2Black for old trim.

For wheel wells and plastic trim mouldings, I prefer a tire gel or spray.

Good Luck!! :wavey