PDA

View Full Version : Do you have favorite detailing clothes?

Pages : [1] 2

dengelson
08-26-2002, 12:52 PM
There is one thing that I always wear when I`m detailing and that`s my rubber soled Birkenstocks because I love wearing Birkies when I`m at home but the leather ones shouldn`t get wet.

Anyways it just made me wonder what your favorite detailing apparel consisted of. Anyone?

Redcar GUY
08-26-2002, 01:19 PM
all my clothes are detailing clothes, but my fav is a old camaro Shirt, and a pair of nike running shorts.... A little music on the System .... heck with this! I am on my way out to the garage! Laterrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

imported_Intermezzo
08-26-2002, 02:51 PM
Sweat-pants & a t-shirt....100% cotton, of course! As for shoes, I always wear sneakers. I really wanna get those One Grand T-shirts, but they`ve been out of stock for the past few months.

Jngrbrdman
08-26-2002, 02:59 PM
Cargo shorts: So I can pack around the bottles with me

White T-Shirt: So I don`t melt when its so hot out.

Sandals: So I don`t get my shoes and socks all wet and so I can get that dorky tan line on the top of my feet.

Ball cap: Keeps the sun out of my eyes while working.

I`ve got a couple of my favorite shirts to wear while detailing. I`m hoping to get a couple Autopia shirts when Holly gets some T-shirts made up. Gotta represent! :D

thevolvoguy
08-26-2002, 02:59 PM
i guess im more casual... I usually wear either a white shirt, mesh shorts and flip-flops, or just the mesh shorts :)

Kleanride
08-26-2002, 03:19 PM
well, the neighborhood association wants me to START wearing clothes when I am detailing or doing anything outside.....! Can you believe that, I mean, its my driveway!!!! ;)

My fav would have to be either a Wizards shirt or American Shine shirt and Wind pants with NO metal on them..no zippers, nothing!

Detailing NY
08-26-2002, 03:24 PM
I have tons of adidas pants, they are the best to wear and nothing will stain them. I have about 30 company shirts.

I make all my employees wear them to keep us looking professional.

boywonder
08-26-2002, 03:26 PM
Old pair of Levi`s 501s (black)

Old Polo Shirt or T Shirt

Old pair of Black Converse Basketball Shoes

BoxsterCharlie
08-26-2002, 04:45 PM
Have you noticed that lots of men`s "business casual" pants these days are calling themselves "microfiber?" If so it is a dense, heavy type of variant.

What would be cool would be a soft microfiber jumpsuit with a hidden zipper! :)

Taxlady
08-27-2002, 03:30 AM
Any old t-shirt, shorts with pockets made of "t-shirt fabric", bare feet or Welly boots. I don`t want to get sneakers or sandals soggy.

Ikabob
08-27-2002, 05:54 AM
I wear a uniform and a cap. just kiddin.

ultrajim49
08-27-2002, 07:08 AM
Everything I wear can be all of a sudden "detailing clothes":D

wifes reaction sometimes::shocked and :nono after :argue

:doh

imported_MarcusJY
08-27-2002, 01:56 PM
I usually wear a white tee-shirt and these thin jogging pants made out of tee-shirt material,Nike slides, and through October...Deep Woods Off. I leave down here in Georgia and mosquitoes are bad, along with this West Nile outbreak.

Alan_525i
08-27-2002, 02:55 PM
Naked....

JK, but its a good way to avoid any clothing related scratches. I wear a T Shirt and Champion mesh shorts. and old sneakerswith the soles "bald" makes it a lot harder to pick up dirt on the soles and drag it in the car.

Lemonxxs
08-27-2002, 03:09 PM
Good to see ya again Short Cut.......

Nothing with buckles, metal etc to harm finish.....