PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Just Bought A PC Kit

SAdetailer
08-25-2002, 06:58 PM
OK, I admit it, I am a detailing newbie. That`s the bad news. The good news is that I just ordered the Porter Cable kit from Coastal Tool.

I`ll be using the PC on a 2002 Lexus with virtually new paint, and a 1984 Porsche with original paint in very good condition. Can anyone suggest a good starter kit of waxes, polishes, bonnets, pads, etc. I know Griot`s has one, but I`m curious if there are others out there, and what everyone would suggest.

Thanks much.

crooper
08-25-2002, 07:45 PM
the DM-KIT from CMA is a good set of pads to start with if you don`t have a velcro backing plate. if you do, they offer another kit without the plate. as for which waxes and polishes, it really depends on what you need and how much time you want to put into it. if you go with waxes, there are many options and if you go with synthetics, then you have fewer options. zaino and klasse are a couple popular synthetics and for waxes there`s souveran, p21s/s100, blitz, meguiars #26 and many others. it also depends on the paint condition of your cars. if you have swirls, you`ll want to remove them with your pc and a swirl remover. there`s 3M SMR, finesse-it 2, and a couple meguiars products. i`m sure others have many more suggestions.

also, get some quality microfiber towels or do a search for microfiber.