PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to all

pgwlm
08-25-2002, 02:23 PM
Just wanted to say thank`s to all for their question`s,answer`s and opinion`s. Became somewhat educated in the fine "art" of detailing.

I(and Chase bank) have recently purchased a 2003 Subaru.Now like most(it seem`s anyway) car manufacturer`s paint quality is poor. The 1st thing I had done was the 3m clear protection put on.

After many hour`s of searching Autopoia, I`ve decided to go with Zaino. The car is silver metallic in color. The question I have is after applying the product how will the car look? That is, will there be a noticeable difference between the paint under the 3m application be different in appearence then the rest of the car?

Thank`s ahead of time for any response`s and for all the previous help this forum has given.

Bob

KCPreki11
08-25-2002, 02:52 PM
I`m not sure what your asking but...you have to remove the 3M clear protection before applying the zaino. Zaino gives more of a reflective and optically clear look then the 3M should. Actually i`m not sure, is the 3M a carnauba wax?

pgwlm
08-25-2002, 02:58 PM
Sorry for the confusion. The 3m product is that "clear " bra stuff.I had them cover the bumper,the side mirror`s and the hood is covered up 12 inches.

imported_seres
08-25-2002, 03:34 PM
We used Klasse over Stongard on our BMW detail and there was no difference at all -- check out the pics on this thread.....

http://autopia.ws/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14438