PDA

View Full Version : First Paintball, Now Corn Cobs

evor1
08-25-2002, 09:19 AM
My wifes Jeep got paintballed on Wednesday. No permanent damage.

Last night, on the same road, I was on my way home from a movie with my kids, in our RX300, and I see corn cobs all over the road. (The cornfield is only about 5 feet from the road.)

I am thinking that maybe a car went in, or trucks went in/out, and then corncobs come flying out of the field hitting the truck in 3 places. If my kids wern`t in the truck, I would have stopped and chased them down, but I can`t leave a couple of little kids by themselves in a car.

I called the police right away, and they told me to come back to the site, as they were an the scene, and had many calls already.

There were at least four other cars involved.

One of them left a decent sized dent in the front fender. I`ll be going in for paintless dent removal next week.

Sorry Everyone, I just needed to vent.

PS It is much better I didn`t have the chance to chase the kids down, or I am quite certain I would have done something I would regret.

imported_Adamah
08-25-2002, 10:34 AM
So did the police catch the kids involved? And I`m kinda confused...were you in a truck or a Lexus?

clint
08-25-2002, 10:43 AM
revenge..

Not much you can do but to mess with their heads-

Print up a poster on your computer and make a pile of photocopys offering a cash reward for information leading to the capture (or a$$ beating) of the vandals who were paintballing vehicles on whatever road and/or the corn cob guys..etc..

The little punk is bound to have a little sister or picked-on younger brother who would just love to get the paint ball kid in trouble.. he`s probably a bully in school and has crossed others.

Your poster in the right little hands will be an instrument of torment for the paint baller..

How worried would you be if you were a 14 year old punk and knew your little sister heard you talking on the phone to your other punk friends about your paint ball spree- and now she had your poster!

School libraries, churches, parks malls- put them up where kids go.. and wherever paint balls are sold. Churches, schools and mall security will be happy to help.

You probably shouldnt use your name and phone number- maybe the sherrif/police/school principal number with the departments permission..they`ll love it.

You probably won`t ever catch them this way- but that`s not really what you are trying to do. This will greatly effect the little squirt`s life- because he will then be scared to brag about his exploits to his pals, for fear one of them might want to cash in- and peer-fear is worse for a teen than anything a cop or you might do to him. Keep the little squirt up at night..

CharlesW
08-25-2002, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by Adamah

So did the police catch the kids involved? And I`m kinda confused...were you in a truck or a Lexus?

The RX300 Lexus is classified as a truck.:)

Charles

samiam513
08-25-2002, 10:47 AM
have you ever seen the movie "the ladies man" Remember what Sunny Delunes huhsband was going to do with the Bolt cutters he had?

Do that to the %$@# heads.

evor1
08-25-2002, 10:34 PM
Sorry for the confusion. I call the RX300 a truck, but it is more car like, I agree. At lease 1/2 the people I know call it a Jeep as a universal term like kleenex. I do not. I have a Jeep and the Lexus and they are very different animals.

I don`t know if they caught them, as I haven`t been able to connect with the officer I spoke with yet.

I love the reward idea. I would be willing to shell out some money to see justice served. Even if they don`t get caught, the mind messing sounds good.

shaf
08-25-2002, 11:24 PM
Jeez Sveet, I think you move away from this crazy place where kids have nothing better to do than vandalize people`s property! :eek:

:mad:

ScrampaTeg03
08-26-2002, 01:55 AM
They were throwing whole corncobs at your car!?! That`s awful, an object that big could easily cause an accident which could lead to terrible things. What`s next, huge boulders placed in the center of the road at night??? Which reminds me, the other night I was going down a 45mph road and some idiot had placed the big construction cones (no reflectors on them) across the span of the road......I had to slam on my brakes to avoid messing up my front bumper!:mad: I say you go with the posters/messing with their minds idea. Kids---->:scared

boarderx
08-26-2002, 10:16 AM
Kids really need to find some productive things to do with their lives! The summers are too long and they get bored so easily that they resort to these types of actions. Although not as bad as you`re experience, I`ve been getting egged almost once a week for the past couple of months. They`ve hit us at least 8 times so far. I finally saw the truck that did it, but failed to get the license plate. That was the last time they`ve done it. It came to a point where I was so mad that I sat in my car at the time they`d do it and wait for them to egg me. This lasted for 2 weeks, but no results. They haven`t hit us since I started to sit in the car! Go figure.

evor1
08-26-2002, 08:48 PM
The police got the 4 kids that did it!!!!:bounce :bounce :bounce

The DA is pressing charges in Juvi court and going after full restitution!

I am really happy they got caught. Now maybe they will figure out how dumb an idea that was, and go on and become normal productive members of society.:nixweiss

I wish I could find out who they were, but the laws protect them pretty well. Just so when I see them at the school, I knew which kids it was.

ScrampaTeg03
08-26-2002, 10:39 PM
That`s good to hear! Are you going to get reembersed for the dent they put in your car?

shaf
08-26-2002, 11:35 PM
SWEEEEEEEEET!!!! :xyxthumbs

Taste the salty peanut of JUSTICE evildoers!! :bounce :bounce

boarderx
08-27-2002, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by sveet

Now maybe they will figure out how dumb an idea that was, and go on and become normal productive members of society.:nixweiss

I agree. Sometimes it takes an event like this to shake some common sense into them.

TortoiseAWD
08-27-2002, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by 4DSC

SWEEEEEEEEET!!!! :xyxthumbs

Taste the salty peanut of JUSTICE evildoers!! :bounce :bounce SPOOOOOON!!! :D

I miss The Tick (the animated show, not the lame live-action version that lasted 1/2 season) . . .

Tort