PDA

View Full Version : good combo?

JFawwaz
08-25-2002, 01:30 AM
well im going to be detailing a heavily swirled black yukon xl denali soon and i would like to know if this is a good polish/wax combo.

i am open to suggestions so PLEASE tell me if i am doing something wrong here.

1. White CMA pad with MPPC

2. lambswool pad with DACP

3. yellow cutting pad with SFP

4. Show car glaze with white pad

5. S100 by hand

is this overkill? i dont think it is because the swirls on this SUV are like an 11 out of 10. the swirls are about 2 ft in diameter:shocked and it really needs to be clayed. i dont want to order anymore stuff online for a while so where would a good place to be to buy a good claybar and lubricant, and which claybar should i get?

ahhh i dont have any microfiber towels either.. would using a terry cloth towel be a :nono ??

im spreading this job out over 2 days since its a BLACK MEGA HUGE SUV:( and the paint is in such a poor condition.

tell me what to do.. PLEASEEEEE

shaf
08-25-2002, 02:07 AM
I`m not an expert on swirl removal, but I would delete step 1. It seems redundant and backwards if you`re going to do DACP after that.

Part of the problem with assessing how to tackle swirls on a forum is that how bad the swirling is is a judgement call. One person`s "moderate" swirls could be a "disaster" to someone else. I`m thinking about this because I`m wondering about the use of a wool pad in step 2....

btw, terry towels are fine, but make sure they`re soft, 100% cotton, and preferrably domestically made.

JFawwaz
08-25-2002, 02:28 AM
thats true... i forgot that DACP is a cleaner/polish.

and as for the pads, would it be OK to use a different product with the same pad if it is washed in between?

i really want to order some more stuff online. but i just bought a PC and the pad kit and some S100 so im pretty much broke.

what i need is

a quick detailing spray (possible meguairs final inspecion? its less than 10 bucks and i can also use it as the clay lube, right?)

Microfiber Towels

Claybar + lubricant

Trim detailer

Tire dressing

could someone tell me where i can get these products for the lowest price, but still with OK quality?

Taxlady
08-25-2002, 12:12 PM
What kind of trim? If it`s plastic or vinyl, you could get 303 Aerospace Protectant for both the trim and the tires.

I haven`t tried it myself, but I have heard that most good tire dressings can be used on trim.

JFawwaz
08-25-2002, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Taxlady

What kind of trim? If it`s plastic or vinyl, you could get 303 Aerospace Protectant for both the trim and the tires.

I haven`t tried it myself, but I have heard that most good tire dressings can be used on trim.

THANK YOU! That is just the answer i was looking for

JFawwaz
08-25-2002, 04:42 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid29/p9a03bc5fd224082deded6dd0f5f5be9c/fd5b221e.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid29/p2d4489d5e8ff07fcaf67ce65a80467b5/fd5b221b.jpg

JAGOWNER1981
08-25-2002, 08:31 PM
OUCH that is badly swirled. My suggestion is to read my PC technique in the autopia article section. I suggest using a wool pad and DACP, then stepping down to a white pad with #9 2.0. Make sure u work in the DACP as i state in the directions i wrote or it may leave a haze.

JFawwaz
08-26-2002, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by AlBoston

OUCH that is badly swirled. My suggestion is to read my PC technique in the autopia article section. I suggest using a wool pad and DACP, then stepping down to a white pad with #9 2.0. Make sure u work in the DACP as i state in the directions i wrote or it may leave a haze.

i dont have #9 but i do have swirl free polish.. will this work too?

chevyguy28
08-26-2002, 07:32 PM
I bought some SWP but returned it because it was too similar to #9. So basically, it should work just as well if not better. SWP has more gloss enhancers so it will look better under the S100 wax.

JFawwaz
08-27-2002, 02:29 AM
Originally posted by JustinTRW

I bought some SWP but returned it because it was too similar to #9. So basically, it should work just as well if not better. SWP has more gloss enhancers so it will look better under the S100 wax.

:up :up :up

ok so the new process is:

1. dawn wash

2. Clay

3. wash again (if clay leaves residue)

4. DACP with yellow pad... or lambswool pad... noone answered to this one

5. white pad with SFP

6. I think i should leave out #7 since SFP will gloss it up just right

7. S100

how long do i have to wait to layer S100? i want to put 2 layers of S100 and then 2 layers of Liquid Souveran