PDA

View Full Version : Wow, you`re not going to believe what I just detailed....lol

ScrampaTeg03
08-24-2002, 11:48 PM
I just got done applying KAR GARD to my Bburango Ferrari F-50 model. I`ve had this KAR GARD stuff sitting in my house for over a year now and didn`t want to put it on my car. So, I figured I`d test it out and see how it holds up in my room (conditions are very harsh:D). I`ll let you know how it turns out....it`s hazing over as I type. I wish I had a digicam to take some pics....:( :D

JFawwaz
08-25-2002, 12:08 AM
LOL

shaf
08-25-2002, 02:27 AM
Did you polish it with a miniature PC too? :p

:D

imported_doug
08-25-2002, 10:47 AM
I tried a bunch of products on this model, also a Burago, which I repainted. I airbrushed model enamel on (bad choice) but the solvents in almost all the polish/glaze/smr type products I tried actually softened and screwed up the paint. So be careful! On the other hand, I do give it a hand-applied coat of Souveran every once in a while.......

http://www.heumann.com/images/big_bro_lil_bro_rear_800.jpg

samiam513
08-25-2002, 10:52 AM
i try waxes on myy model cars too. The best way to test waxes!

KCPreki11
08-25-2002, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by carguy

I tried a bunch of products on this model, also a Burago, which I repainted. I airbrushed model enamel on (bad choice) but the solvents in almost all the polish/glaze/smr type products I tried actually softened and screwed up the paint. So be careful! On the other hand, I do give it a hand-applied coat of Souveran every once in a while.......

I can`t imagine having that car, what a sweet feeling pulling it out of the garage. :eek:

tkr128
08-25-2002, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by carguy

That`s what I need! A matching miniature model of my car(s) in the factory colors. :xyxthumbs

ScrampaTeg03
08-25-2002, 10:55 PM
I used a Q-tip to apply it then I buffed it off with a MF. I too need an exact replica of the car I have. I`m going to buy an Integra GS-R (if they make a GS-R in 1/24th or a bit bigger) plastic build-it-yourself model kit and make it and exact replica.

Hopefully I`ll finish the C-west RX-7 I`m building right now in the next week because I like to stick to one model at a time.

BTW: Carguy, Nice cars!:up

BTWBTW: Does anyone know how to mold you`re own pieces to put on a plastic model? I`m going to try to make a minature of the wheels I have unless I can find them somewhere online (17" RH C2 Evo`s).

ScrampaTeg03
08-26-2002, 12:33 PM
Thanks ejant.:up

Green Monster
08-26-2002, 12:50 PM
Thats a great picture. :xyxthumbs

(I also wax my model cars, about 100 1/18 scale)

Hey David B I think that pic would be a canidate for the calendar.

DaGonz
08-26-2002, 01:27 PM
When I grow up, I wanna be just like my Daddy!