PDA

View Full Version : Found the deal of the year today...well almost

Redcar GUY
08-24-2002, 06:59 PM
well My camaro cruz got rained out so Carmin and I went to eat and to go to Target to check out the car care deals. I needed some meguires GC wash, then I see they have Quik Detailer for $1.30! I was like whoo hooo! I use it on Customers cars so I was a deal for me. Then I took one over to the pirce checker thing and it scans for $3.99....:scared So they had miss priced the hole rack of them. Needless to say we left with ony the car wash...http://www.meguiars.com/product_showroom/product_a33.gif

gromit
08-24-2002, 07:18 PM
The QD is there in a two pack. One sixteen oz. bottle with the great sprayer and a 32 oz. refill for about $7 if I recall correctly. I was at my local Target today and got a 64 oz. Gold Class Shampoo for $10, not a great deal but it should last me for awhile.

C. Charles Hahn
08-24-2002, 08:54 PM
did each bottle have a pricetag on it?? If so, I would`ve gotten a whole load of them, taken them to the checkout and when it rang up at 3.99, insist that they give it to you for the price marked on the package. By law, they have to do that. :xyxthumbs

Redcar GUY
08-24-2002, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Shiny Lil Detlr

did each bottle have a pricetag on it?? If so, I would`ve gotten a whole load of them, taken them to the checkout and when it rang up at 3.99, insist that they give it to you for the price marked on the package. By law, they have to do that. :xyxthumbs

No the price was on the rack:mad:

Chuckmotor
08-24-2002, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by Shiny Lil Detlr

Really? Is that just a state law?

bjwebster
08-24-2002, 11:45 PM
I hate it when that happens! :mad: :mad:

shaf
08-25-2002, 02:20 AM
It could be worse - NO price tags. I hate going to some parts stores and stuff because you have no clue how much something costs and you can`t go up to them with an armload of stuff just to pricecheck! :mad:

Wow - I just realized how expensive some stuff is up here! Even at $3.99 US, that Meguiar`s QD is 40% cheaper than what I`ve seen it for here. :(

Taxlady
08-25-2002, 12:14 PM
If you`re at Canadian Tire and there is no price tag, you can use their scanner on the UPC symbol to find out the price. They have them throughout the stores here in the Montreal area.

C. Charles Hahn
08-25-2002, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Chuckmotor

Really? Is that just a state law?

I think its federal - I`m not too sure.... I just remember seeing something awhile back where some lady sued a store for trying to overcharge her and that law was cited....

etech
08-25-2002, 05:25 PM
My wife went to Target on Saturday and found a four pack of Zymol products for $4.97.

It includes the

Auto wash 16 oz.

Leather cleaner 8 oz.

Leather conditioner 8 oz.

Cleaner wax 16 oz.

It seemed like a decent deal. I can use the cleaner wax on her car and the leather cleaner and conditioner on my Jeeps steering wheel. The auto wash is something I can always use.