PDA

View Full Version : waiting on some stuff

NattyBumppo
08-23-2002, 01:54 PM
Ordered some AIO, Platinum UPP, Platinum QD and OGSO from Tim @ Tacscar yesterday and can hardly wait to give it a try.

The plan for my F150`s winter coat;

2xAIO

2-3x UPP

topped with P21s (or Meg`s 26 paste)

maintained with OGSO

Question on the wife`s Taurus....I recently did AIOx2 and SG (SGX2 on hood, roof and trunk, X1 on the rest of car), can I start with UPP over the SG or does it all need to be stripped and start over? The plan for the Taurus is basically the same as the F150 minus the P21s topper and OGSO.

CharlesW
08-23-2002, 04:52 PM
While I am certainly no expert, I can tell you what worked for me.

First application of "Original" Platinum UPP was over Medallion Paint Protectant and 3M Paste Showcar Wax. No problems whatsoever. 55 days later it was still beading and sheeting, but I had to do something, right? At that time I applied AIO and the "New" UPP. One application of each. Again, no problems. My personal plan is to apply UPP about every 30 - 60 days, rather than keep adding more when it probably isn`t needed. That was on my two clearcoated cars. They are both driven daily and have been in rain and have been washed any time they are dirty, at least once a week. On one car with single stage paint, I have used only the original UPP and the Platinum Gloss Enhancer for about 2 months. That car has not been in the rain, but has been in the sun for several days. I have been very pleased with my results with UPP, I think you probably will be, too.

Charles

DCT
08-24-2002, 11:48 AM
Natty,

Sounds like your F150 is going to be "dressed appropriately" for the long cold winter! :D

As for the Taurus, I would think that the sealant would adhere better to a clean paint surface, than to the SG. However, who knows, I`d give it a try. I`d be darned if I`d strip all that work without giving it a bit of a chance. After all............... it`s only the wife`s car anyhow! :D :D :D

NattyBumppo
08-24-2002, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by White_F150

After all............... it`s only the wife`s car anyhow! :D :D :D

Oh boy, you`re in for it. I`m sending this to your better half. You could be in for some long, cold winter nights :nono . LOL

I think I`ll strip the SG off the Taurus with a few applications of AIO. I`m a glutton for punishment.