PDA

View Full Version : Newbie here....with questions

TPG013
08-22-2002, 01:02 PM
Great site! Love all the tips. I have a `97 Camaro Z28 30th Anniv. edition. It has painted white wheels. The wheels have little black specs stuck to them that I can`t seem to get off. I don`t know if it is baked on brake dust or what. I have tried clay, polish and whatever else I could think of. Any suggestions?

Also I just spent a day detailng the car and want to keep the just waxed look as long as possible. After wasing it can I use Meguires Quick Detailing spray.

One last thing. I got suckered into buying some stuff from Groits. All I can say is BEWARE. Meguires makes a far better product. Groits is also way expensive. I have never worked with a polish that is near impossible to remove from a car.

imported_BretFraz
08-22-2002, 01:06 PM
Welcome to Autopia. :wavey

The black specs are likely melted piece of brake pads. You`ll probably need something kinda strong to remove them. I`d try 3M Adhesive, Tar, and Wax Remover. Get it at any WalMart or auto parts store. If you have something similar at home then give that a try. Heck, I`d even try mineral spirits to see if it works.

Most of us use some kind of QD (Quick Detail) spray on our cars. If you have the Meguiar`s stuff, great. It`ll work fine.

Lowejackson
08-22-2002, 01:07 PM
Try brake cleaning fluid and then clay.

Steven

C. Charles Hahn
08-22-2002, 01:28 PM
Welcome aboard, RPO Z4C`er! Love those 30th Ann. editions!!

basically try what bretfraz said, its about the only other thing I can think of. As for a QD spray, absolutely the Meguiar`s will be fine.... (it IS Meguiar`s...)

:wavey