PDA

View Full Version : QD to remove wax.

Richt
08-22-2002, 04:46 AM
What benifits will i achieve in using quick detailer to remove say # 26 wax??

Is it an ease of removal thing or a shine thing?

Cheers again, all your help has been so usefull

DCT
08-22-2002, 05:48 AM
Rich,

QD is not used to "remove" wax. It`s use to enhance the look of the wax, and also used to remove dust and contaminants!

Do you want to remove the #26?

Richt
08-22-2002, 05:53 AM
Somedody said to apply the wax let it dry and remove using QD and a micro fiber cloth? Normaly i just remove the wax somebody said to use QD i presume spaying this ontop of the wax and wiping it off?

Cheers

DCT
08-22-2002, 06:04 AM
Rich,

OK, I see what you mean......... it`s early in the morning here in the states! :D You souldn`t need to use QD to remove/buff off #26. Try a good 100% cotton towel or MF towel without QD. If you get some spots that "haze", or "streak", then you can use a little QD on a MF towel to buff out the streaking/hazing.

On the other had, somebody may have a technique to remove the wax residue using QD and a MF that works better on the #26.

Richt
08-22-2002, 06:07 AM
Thanks, im willing to try anything if the results are good!!! Its lunch time here in the uk!!!!

Richt
08-22-2002, 06:10 AM
Chris s posted this last night

And for best results with #26....allow it to dry to a haze for at the minimum 15 minutes, if not longer.... Then remove with some QD and a clean MF... results are suberb!

Cheers

1998 BMW M3

Triple Black....Cosmos Black, black interior, tint...

cheers

imported_Tony
08-23-2002, 01:49 PM
I believe that when its said to use a QD to remove different products they mean to use a damp mf with QD as oppose to a dry mf. There must be some term to describe a stage between damp and dry. This slightly damp mf works very well to remove dry residue and then buff. This is very simular to the method we use to apply AIO (damp) and remove SG. The challenge comes from using different products such as Klasse SG that removes easier the longer you wait and products if you wait too long are really a PIA to remove. I once applied Nufinish on too heavy and waited too long before attempting to remove. I tried to remove the nufinish with a damp mf,then a QD mf and then AIO but nothing was working. Finally I reapplied the nufinish and buffed immediatly and that worked. The solvents in the Nufinish broke down the dried residue and allowed for removal. Different products require different techniques and thats where Autopia comes in.