PDA

View Full Version : Got my Zaino ( Questions inside)

imported_M3Pilot
08-21-2002, 02:45 PM
Got home today to se that my Zaino that I order had arrived

and didn`t get stopped at customs for import duty:D

I never thought I could get so excited about some polish for my car, but I know you guys will understand:xyxthumbs

So here a couple of questions for you Zaino experts.

I bought the ZFX, so I don`t need to use Z1 when using ZFX right?

Do I only need the ZFX as a Z1 replacement the first time I apply a Zaino product to clean product free paintwork.

So from this point on I can just layer Zaino without ZFX unless I want to reduce the drying time or do more than 1 coat a day?

Is there a difference between Z5 & Z2?

I know Z5 is suppose to be for swirls/fine scratches & Z2 is a just a polish.

But can you tell the difference between the 2 or was there no point in me buying both?

Some people just seem to use one or the other.

Thanks

DCT
08-21-2002, 03:56 PM
M3Pilot,

Congrats on getting the "Z". I`ll try to answer some of your questions.

Yes the ZFX replaces the Z1 and more. However, I would ocassionally use ZFX again somewhere in the layering process, or use Z1 after say............ 8 to 10 coats of either/or.

I have the old Z5 which is thicker and not as optically clear as the Z2. I`ve heard that the new Z5 is closer to the Z2.

Both are really sealants. Some people only use Z5, some only Z2. I like a mix of both. It depends on the color of the vehicle and your opinion of the finish.

The Z5 is not a very good "swirl/scratch" remover. However, it is an excelent sealant. Get the swirls and fine scratches out before you start the "Z" process.

After you`ve applied enough coats of the Z5 and then the Z2 you`ll be able to see the difference between the 2.......... again, depending on the color of your vehicle. To me, the Z5 gives a little more "depth" and a bit "wetter" look than the Z2. The Z2 however is clearer and more reflective!

BTW, I use 4 or 5 X Z5, and then 1 or 2 X Z2 on my vehicle. I like the results!

paco
08-21-2002, 04:10 PM
I bought the ZFX, so I don`t need to use Z1 when using ZFX right?

Correct. ZFX will allow Z2/Z5 to bond properly so the Polish Lok is not required.

Do I only need the ZFX as a Z1 replacement the first time I apply a Zaino product to clean product free paintwork.

ZFX should probably be used every 8-10 coats if you only apply Z2/Z5 by itself. If you do not use ZFX, then allow 24 hours between coats to allow it to cure properly.

Is there a difference between Z5 & Z2?

Neither is a polish (no abrasive quality what so ever). There both sealants.

Z5 is used for very very very light scratches to fill them.

Z2 has absolutely no filling properties and has a higher optical clarity (99.9%)

The difference between Z2 and Z5 is minimal, especially if your paint isn`t in prestine condition. You`d be very hard pressed to tell the difference between two - even you were to split the car in half. In my opinion, it`s impossible to tell a car that has Z2 or Z5 - it`s just so close.

Personally, apply 2 coats using ZFX every time you apply the product. Wait a few days - week and then go ahead and apply another 2 coats. It`s hard to get 3 in a day - just not enough time. I`d alternate every 2 coats and see if you can tell a difference. I doubt you would - it would probably be a placebo effect in that you know which product is being applied.

Go ahead and do a double blind study (have a friend mix it up and apply it) and then look at the results. I doubt you would be able to determine if it Z2 or Z5.

Great product though!

Paco

imported_M3Pilot
08-21-2002, 04:22 PM
I think of Z5 more like IMG which fills swirl as against removing them, as All Zaino products are non abrasive.

I know Zaino is a Sealant, but as it said polish on the label I thought I could get away with it LOL

I shall call it a sealant from now on to save on the confusion :)

My paint work is in very good condition as the car has recently had a full respray, still got swirls though.

Here what i bought.

1x ZFX

1xZ2

1xZ5

2xZ6

2xZ7

I don`t know how long it will last as I thought the bottles of

Z2 & Z5 would be a little bit bigger.

The car is red, so I`m hoping it will look good :)

I will wash the car with some washing up liquid, Clay the car, then go at it with ZFX+Z5.

I will put a couple of coats on and see what I think, I might switch to Z2 if I`m happy with it, or I will put some more Z5 on.

I`ve got to Z6 between coats haven`t I?

paco
08-21-2002, 04:39 PM

Have fun. The first time I used it, I didn`t think 1 ounce was enough for 1 coat. I managed to get 3 coats out of it. It actually does go a long way.

Paco

ultrajim49
08-22-2002, 12:55 AM
That`s the other amazing thing about Z:

every bottle looks so small (esp. ZFX!)

but it realy goes a long way

have fun!

post pic`s

Christiaan

:wavey