PDA

View Full Version : MF from China direct!

gaga
08-21-2002, 08:03 AM
Hey Guys! I got a source for MF towels from China, but the minimal order is 15,000 pcs! however, the price is only--get this;

US$0.65 each!!!

Its 30% Polyamide & 70% Polyester 200g per sq/M....

I`m not a dealer in MF towels nor do I know anyone that is, but my source is direct from a factory in China, I just hate to pay over $2.00 for each MF towels here and thought may be if I post this info. here someone can get me some ideas on how to bring a shipment in..... (or may be us guys here in Autopia can split this order!!)

Well.... what do you think?!

ALAN81
08-21-2002, 08:36 AM
thats correct you dont know what you are buying and have no clue what they are shipping i bought plenty of bad mf towels from various sources stick to who you know and there reputation

medic159
08-21-2002, 09:42 AM
I agree, be very careful about any fabric imported from the Orient, especially China.

PakShak
08-21-2002, 09:53 AM
Hello gaga,

Sure, let me tell you what you will need to do. First, you have to make sure the China manufacturer adhere`s to US Customs. Micro fiber towels are consider textiles so they have guidelines that "you" and not the manufacturer adheres too. It is not the manufacturer`s responsibility to make sure they meet these guidelines. If US Customs so happens to check your shipment and deems it failing to meet textiles import guidelines guess whose shipment gets confiscated "yours". Once the shipment leaves the country of origin, responsibility shifts to the buyer.

Next, you will need a shipper that is authorized to bring your product into the US. Once your order arrives and is unloaded on dock, you will need to get in contact with a US Customs Broker that will have to process the paperwork to clear your shipment before you can take possession of it.

In addition to your $0.65, you are looking at additional shipping cost from China to Hawaii and also paying a US Customs Broker a fee for their services and also paying US Customs the duty to bring in your micro fiber towel. Once you add all of those costs you will need to include the additional shipping costs that you will have to pay for to ship it to the states from Hawaii.

I hope that helps.

With Aloha,

Ranney

paco
08-21-2002, 10:05 AM
Wow Ranney.

I`m impressed that you would divulge that bit of information considering it could take away some of your business. :bow

Although, you make a very solid and valid agrument as to why it would be easier just to deal with an establish dealer and the cost saving would be minimal, if any, for all the up front work required. :scared

I`d imagine the online dealers are probably getting the towels for a similar price but when you add all the brokerages, shipping and hassle, the $2 - 4 dollar prices seems very reasonable. :cool:

Personally - you get about 5 - 10 towels for the price of a bottle of most polishes - That`s pretty darn swell if you ask me. :up

I`ll continue to support people like JTintern. and Paksak for that exact reason. Assured good quality and fee / towel seems very reasonable. :xyxthumbs

Paco

laynlow
08-21-2002, 10:26 AM
I`m all about customer service, and thats what Ranney gives. He worries about the logistics and I get a quality towel fast!! :up

ALAN81
08-21-2002, 10:27 AM
RANNY hit the nail on the head and when your done if everything goes well your.65 is like 1.45 per thats if all goes well so you see its not that easy