PDA

View Full Version : Porter Cable Question

JFawwaz
08-20-2002, 07:52 PM
Is it OK to use the white foam pad that came with my porter cable 7336SP??

Jngrbrdman
08-20-2002, 07:55 PM
They wouldn`t supply it if it wasn`t good to use. :) There are more effective pads you can buy, depending on what it is you are trying to accomplish. If you just want to polish your car then its an ok pad to use. www.properautocare.com has a great pad kit that you can purchase. It pretty much has everything that you need for your PC to be ultra effective on your car and just about every purpose you need a PC for. Check em out if you are intrested in getting some more pads.

JFawwaz
08-20-2002, 10:40 PM
would it be alright to use the white pad with meguiars boady shop professional swirl free polish?:nixweiss

Jngrbrdman
08-20-2002, 10:45 PM
It depends on how bad your swirls are. Most people will agree that the white pad with the PC kinda sucks. If you are looking for some swirl removing action then you need to get more pads than just the white one. How bad are your swirls? If they are pretty mild then you may be alright to do them with the white one. You could always give it a shot and see if its having any affect on the swirls.

JFawwaz
08-20-2002, 10:51 PM
yea i ordered the pad kit and they wont be here until monday:mad: the swirls are pretty mild so i guess i will try it out.

S100 is coming on tuesday too:mad:

ground shipping sucks:mad:

Jngrbrdman
08-20-2002, 10:53 PM
I hear ya. Pray for rain untill the kit gets there I guess. lol Good luck with the swirls. Have you downloaded David`s book yet? Its got great lessons on PC use and how to really get the most out of one. Worth checking out.

JFawwaz
08-20-2002, 10:55 PM
yep i downloaded the book. great advice!

would i get more shine if i used meguiars #7 show car polish after the swirl free polish??:nixweiss

Jngrbrdman
08-20-2002, 10:59 PM
I would have to think so. You will always get better shine if you follow up a swirl removal job with a little extra polish. Your car will look pretty brand spanking new if you get all the swirls out. Follow that up with whatever your favorite polish, sealant, or wax and enjoy it.

JFawwaz
08-20-2002, 11:00 PM
thanks bro:up

JFawwaz
08-21-2002, 01:58 AM
Gold Class is a Cleaner/Wax?

well i was going to detail a bmw tomorrow morning but i just found out that gold class has some cleaner solution in it. would it be alright to use this over some meguairs swirl free polish and show car glaze #7? I stopped using the medallion premium paint protection because the car actually looked worse after applying it. So ive been using Gold Glass for the past couple of weeks and i have noticed that the car does lose some of #7`s wet look but it wasnt as bad as the MPPP.

should i run out in the morning and buy some #26?