PDA

View Full Version : Followup to #26 vs Collinite Durability

imported_Indy YZF
08-20-2002, 10:34 AM
If you saw the first thread on this subject:

http://autopia.ws/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14227&perpage=20&pagenumber=1

it was about the Gurureports Durability grade discrepency seen between the Meguiars #26, and the Collinite Super Doublecoat product, plus the comparison of this grade with several others. I had felt that from the weekly summaries, the beading on the #26 was far superior to several other waxes which received Higher durability grades....

Well, I wrote to Gurureports, and Steve was good enough to reply, thereby clearing up the inconsistency I had found...Since I brought this to your attention initially, I felt it only fair to publish here the response from gurureports...It just proves, once again, that they are an upfront, above board operation, and I thank them for their wonderful reports, and the service they provde most of us.

" Hi Paul,

Thanks for taking the time to write, and glad that you liked the report.

You`re one of a very few people who noticed the typo`s/discrepancies in the report. You are absolutely correct - in our proof-reading/editing, we missed the #26 and the Collinite Super Double Coat durability grades (there are a few other mistakes/typo`s in the report elsewhere).

No excuses - they were mistakes due to the fact that we were rushing to get everything to the printer. In reality, the #26 and SDCAW should have received grades of B+ and B-, respectively.

The other minor problem with our testing procedures is that the tests were "static" (in the interest of keeping test conditions identical) - the panels weren`t driven and subject to road abrasion/debris. I`ve been real-world testing many of the products, and I must say that the Collinite waxes are much more durable than the #26 is; if you`re interested in giving them a try, I`d go with the SDACW - it`s about 1/2 the price and the looks are

nearly identical.

Thanks for writing, and happy detailing!

-Steve "

bjwebster
08-20-2002, 10:59 AM
Thanks For The Report Back!

And Thanks Clearing Everything Up Steve!

:xyxthumbs :xyxthumbs