PDA

View Full Version : Bugs?

imported_Eman
08-20-2002, 09:36 AM
I`m a little new to detailing and the best I can do with bugs is dawn wash and meguiars Polish. Is there a good cheap product to get those guys off?

cspoly
08-20-2002, 12:51 PM
Hi Eman,

Welcome to the forum!

I`e tried a product called Splat...it is a bug remover...works pretty good. They claim it doesn`t strip wax, But I always follow it up with a new coat of wax just to be safe.

You can also try a clay bar...that would definately clean up you bugs...you can even use it on glass! Afterwards, apply several coats of your favorite wax.

Any new bugs should come right off with some quick detailer and a soft 100% cotton towel or a microfiber towel.

Regards,

George

imported_BretFraz
08-20-2002, 01:00 PM
Eman,

Do a search on this topic. It gets discussed frequently.

FWIW, I use Hi Temp`s Bug Remover and its fantastic. Took off 1700 miles of bugs and good with no problem. I use it all the time in summer. You can get it at TOL.

imported_Tony
08-20-2002, 01:02 PM
A post awhile back suggest dampening a dryer sheet like Bounce and then lightly rub the bug residue with the sheet then wait a few minutes and rinse. If this fails your next step would be to polish.

good luck

shvlhead78
08-21-2002, 03:12 PM
I just picked up a bottle of Porsche Tequipment Insect Remover from the local Porsche dealership (okay okay.... I just wanted to see pretty cars)...

It`s not cheap ($15), but I heard from numerous posters on here that it`s the best for bugs... It`s citrusey and I had the chance to test it on a rental car... seems to work very well :)

I also tested 3M Adhesive Remover for sap... works great for fresh sap! And I was wanting to see if it would just melt my paint off (seems like strong stuff) so I left a spot on the rental car for a few days... everything seems okay :)