PDA

View Full Version : How long should it Take?

imported_Eman
08-20-2002, 09:33 AM
How long should it take to detail a car? If I hand wash and clay/or polish and waz a small car it takes me around 2 to 3 hours. At this rate I figure it would take me close to 4 hours to do a large truck (Dodge Ram). This is also using S100 so I don`t have to wait for the Wax to haze. This does not include interior! Is this too long or too short a time?

rockafella
08-20-2002, 09:39 AM
I have a supercab flairside f150 with painted bed cover and to do what you have listed it takes me about 5 hours....When I use Zaino it takes much...much... longer.

louissc
08-20-2002, 09:51 AM
i would think that 3-5 hours is good for an outside detail.......the interior is the easy part

cspoly
08-20-2002, 12:55 PM
My last detail took me 4-5 hours. I washed, clayed, washed again, polished, and finished with 2 coats of wax.

The interior was vacummed and dusted with a microfiber towel. Glass was cleaned with Eagle 20/20 and rain-x applied.

Oh.....the exterior work was done with a PC DA Polisher.

I was very tired after that....BUT the car looked awesome!

have fun,

George

imported_Dude
08-20-2002, 01:15 PM
You`ll get faster. One of the great things about detailing is that you become more efficient the longer you do it. This is especially true with waxing. It used to take me 45 minutes to apply a layer of wax, and an hour and ten minutes to buff it out. Now I can apply it in 10 minutes (even when I use Zaino!) and buff it out in 20 or 30. And this is on my Jeep- I can do my wife`s car even faster!

imported_Tony
08-20-2002, 01:27 PM
I think it depends on how thorough you are, especially with the clay. It can take some time to get every little area.

just my 2 cents