PDA

View Full Version : Products

Pages : [1] 2

Richt
08-20-2002, 04:23 AM
Can you guys give me a quick run down on some products.

Here in the UK the biggest most popular brands are Autoglym and Turtle wax.

It is possible to obtain Meguairs stuff , all there consumer range is available.

I use Gold class wash, gold class wax , stage 2 deep cystal polish and stage 3 carnuba wax. I have been lucky enough to get some US products, Final inspection, show car glaze no 7.

You guys mention lots of non meguairs products the only other of which we can get here is Zymol. What are the other main products you guys use??

I easily can obtain, well fairly the consumer megauirs products. I tend to use these more.

How does stage 2 deep cystal compare to no 7. Show car glaze? On my light colured car i find no difference in gloss? Thoughts, the deep cystal is also easier to remove.

I am thinking of buying Meguiars no.26 wax how much better is this than the stage 3 Carnuba wax i currently use???

I have also found two numbers on the this site to Meguiars products no, 16 and 19 what are these cant see to find them?

This site is amzing by the way wish id found it earlier?

Anybody used new car glaze, no 5 i think???

Cheers

Hans Lee
08-20-2002, 07:36 AM
Rich:

Let my fellow Autopians correct me if I am wrong, but most find that the professional line of Meg`s to be better than the consumer line. What the actual difference is between say No. 26 and Step 3 canuba wax is anyone`s guess (especially with Meg`s who have less than stellar information). But I think that you get what you pay for and get an overall better product with the professional line. No. 7 show car glaze is the product of choice of many detailers and I really like it.

As for other products--I use and read of many who use 3M products--especially 3M Imperial Hand Glaze, Swirl Mark Remover and their other polishes. I will be using their SMR for dark cars and their show car paste wax in the next two weeks and will post on how it turns out. 3M seems to also be widely used by body shops.

Good luck and enjoy Autopia!

:xyxthumbs

Adenn

Richt
08-20-2002, 07:41 AM
Cheers so 26 is good then?

The only trouble is when i want the proffessional products, i have to import them here to the uk, usually Meguiars uk will sell me them, which is lucky! Want to ask if there good before i grovel!

Hans Lee
08-20-2002, 07:53 AM
Rich:

Yes, I think that #26 is a very good prouct. A search of the board will reveal that many other`s use it as well. The debate over #26 is usually about its durability and whether to go with paste or liquid. Most suggest to go with paste for more durability and liquid for ease of application. When I contacted two of my local detailers--who take care of the BMW`s, Mercedes, etc of the wealthy out here--they both used Meg. #26 and have been for years.

I really do not think that you could go wrong with any of Meg`s professional line. And if you have to grovel, at least do it for a good product! :up

Adenn

Richt
08-20-2002, 08:14 AM
Cheers will order some then. Durabiltiys not an issue really, i wax the car every week!

Hans Lee
08-20-2002, 09:38 AM
Wax every week--WOW :bow

I think you will like the shine and depth that #26 provides. If you should ever think about going with a polymer rather than a canuba--then Meg"s makes a #20 polymer sealant that has gotten pretty good reviews on Autopia. But if you can wax every week--I would stay with the canuba for depth of color.

Good luck:up

Adenn

Richt
08-20-2002, 09:41 AM
Cheers devote my weekends to the car!

Will def order the 26 am worried about the no. 20 removing the no. 7 as it as disscussed on here.

Hans Lee
08-20-2002, 09:52 AM
Rich

You are correct about #20 removing #7 or anthing else for that matte since #20 has a cleaner in it. There has been many threads on whether #20 has a cleaner or not--seems Meg`s customer service has been giving out conflicting information. However, I contacted them on two occasions and spoke with different rep`s and they both confirmed that it has a cleaner.

I was going to get some #20 for my wife`s passat, but figured I wanted to try a good glaze and wax first to see how it turns out. Meg`s #20 looked attractive since I only have time to wax 2-3 times a year and have to deal with tree sap, birds and industrial fallout.

Richt
08-20-2002, 10:10 AM
I think ill stick to the no 7 and get some 26, i can mostly be found on a weekend cleaning my car!

Cheers again

Lowejackson
08-20-2002, 11:24 AM
Dont forget the One Grand products, 3M, Dr OK Wack (P21S in the USA). If your importing, try and get some Neatitems MF towels.

Steven

Richt
08-20-2002, 11:28 AM
Where do you get your stuff from steven???

imported_Tony
08-20-2002, 02:11 PM
I thought someone in the UK was using Klasse. It is a German formula but then they may have ordered from the USA. People like #26 because it can be layered and does not stain trim. Your Gold class wax has a more reflective type shine where as #26 has a deeper shine when layered.

red5
08-20-2002, 05:35 PM
You can get one grand products (UK mail order) from www.frost.co.uk.

I have used the omega glaze and blitz combo with great results. Most on this site agree that blitz is better than #26 on durability hence it may be better for our UK climate.

I recently got hold of meguiars body shop professional hand polish (after seeing results obtained by Scottwax). I haven`t really used it enough to compare with omega glaze as yet.

Richt
08-21-2002, 07:04 AM
Cheers Ive been using Meguiars #7 which is good, will check that link

Ta

Lowejackson
08-21-2002, 11:29 AM
Dr OK Wack www.iauto.co.uk, 3M from almost any motor factors, although they will probably not keep the stuff on the shelves.

Steven