PDA

View Full Version : Sleazy used car dealer glaze?

imported_Dude
08-20-2002, 12:27 AM
Does anyone know what sleazy dealers use to cover up defects? When my wife bought her last Mercedes, the dealer used a glaze that covered up all the paint chips, areas of clearcoat failure, etc.

What kind of glaze hides defects?

m5m3
08-20-2002, 09:56 AM
The person living next door to me runs a car hire company with 30 odd cars. I have seen him use this airosol (cant spell I know), thta when he sprays it on it covers almost all the paint defects. I think it is just silocon. You spray it on and do not wipe it at all - looks great - nice and glossy, but wipe / wash it and the paint looks realy bad.

I have some swirls etc on my car, I have just started using 3M IHG, and thatcovers up quite a lot, makes my paint look very deep and glossy (lasts only a few days).

I have also seen him use Pledge (a furnature polish)

JAGOWNER1981
08-20-2002, 10:25 AM
a "pro detailer" used a machine glaze by rotary on our 95 intrepid and it covered up EVERYTHING and it even hid deep scratches where the paint was gone!! He then waxed it with a carnuaba wax. After it rained all the swirls (actually more swirls than b4) and scratches came back.

ALAN81
08-20-2002, 10:30 AM
protime makes a product that covers all scraches and markes after a wash or two you can actually see what kind of car you bought.WHY do you think they all look good on the auto lot?