PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use only AIO and not SG on top?

Redcar GUY
08-20-2002, 12:15 AM
I have a few people that want a nice Long lasting shine but dont want to pay a long lasting price... I was thinking about trying AIO without SG for a quick shine that looked good and was a little bit of an cleaner to..you know kinda like an all in one product ;) I have Both but I never used AIO with out SG and wasnt sure how long it would last? Remember I am new at this AIO/SG stuff. Thx

hot rod
08-20-2002, 12:49 AM
I have tried just that. It is so easy to put on.

The bad news

I have noticed that the smooooooth feel has already gone after 2 weeks.

I will be going back to at least a couple layers of SG.

By the way the Sonus Spritz is killer.

imported_Intermezzo
08-20-2002, 12:50 PM
I`ve used KAIO all by itself before and got results similar to 4mo. Slickness was gone after two washes, however I`m not so sure that that means all the KAIO was all gone. It`s an acrylic sealant that really isn`t supposed to be all that slick nor bead water. In fact, it sheeted water on the very first wash (as opposed to beading first, then sheeting). Even after two months, the car still looked very shiny and there was no major re-emergence of swirls (asi BF). After two months I applied KSG on top of it, but IMO, the AIO all by itself would have lasted plenty longer than 2 months.

Peter J. Porter
08-20-2002, 01:04 PM
Using the AIO as a QD by mixing it with water really does a nice job bringing that slickness back; even better than other QD`s I have used. I have alwasy felt that the car felt slicker right after a coat of AIO than after SG, even when layered successively. So now I have started applying the AIO on the car via a squirt bottle before any coats of SG. Works out really well, and I`m thinking about applying SG the sameway.

I have used the AIO all by itself on our white S70, and it does a very nice job on its own, and longevity is first rate. That car definitely does not get the kinf of care my primary driver does, but its shine is still there after every wash,and it seems very well protected.

YoSteve
08-20-2002, 10:19 PM
Here`s what I do on my sisters car.

After I wash it, not really drying it, I take a fair amount of AIO and work it in with a microfiber applicator. I then, I go around the whole car (rinsing and wrining the mf applicator frequently) and work it in again. Then I wait 20 minutes and buff the car with a microfiber towel.

Then the following week (or any other week) I reapplied two layers AIO sorta applying it more than working it in. (letting 20 minutes pass before buffing both times)

Her car beaded all winter (in the snow belt driven every day 30 miles / day) The proof was in the pudding on her white car. She had never waxed it before and it was like 4 years old at the time. She swears by the stuff bought her own bottle and does it herself.

AIO can work great by itself, just seems people scarcely think so. Course all of our standards shot through the roof after being here a bit ;)

Here are some, well indifinitive discussions on the topic

http://autopia.ws/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6639

kreativ
08-20-2002, 11:05 PM
It`s an acrylic sealant that really isn`t supposed to be all that slick nor bead water. In fact, it sheeted water on the very first wash (as opposed to beading first, then sheeting).

Hmm, how are we supposed to tell when the protection from an acrylic sealant has worn off then?

SergC
08-20-2002, 11:44 PM
Redcar!, I`ve been "playing" with Klasse for about 15 years in every way, great product, AIO have been designed to work by itself, SG - later creation for the gloss and longer protection :xyxthumbs

imported_Intermezzo
08-21-2002, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by kreativ

Hmm, how are we supposed to tell when the protection from an acrylic sealant has worn off then?

That`s a good question. I`ve never pushed AIO to its limits before, but I would guess that the best way to tell would be either when a noticeable decline in shine occurs or when the car stops sheeting water and just leaves large puddles on your car.

imported_Tony
08-21-2002, 11:18 AM
AIO is as easy as it gets. Sometimes I feel guilty that I didn`t work hard enough. I always use SG on top maybe a week later are so. AIO and SG seems to beads well for me.

Now I am not in the business but how do you explain to a customer that AIO and or SG is still protecting even though the beading is gone? Basically the public believes that once the beading is gone then its time to reapply. AIO is an excellent product but a little misunderstood.

imported_Intermezzo
08-21-2002, 12:30 PM
Rightlane,

Perhaps you can mention that acrylics generally sheet water instead of beading water. You could also throw in a few benefits to sheeting over beading...such as less water spotting & quicker/easier drying after a wash.

Redcar GUY
08-21-2002, 12:44 PM
welll looks like this will work for me then, Thx for the help:)