PDA

View Full Version : S100/P21S and red...WOW!

Pages : [1] 2

Scottwax
08-20-2002, 12:01 AM
Polish: Meguiars Swirl Free

Wax: S100

Results: Priceless (but I got paid $100 anyway for the detail).

http://www.o-t.us/upload/guest/vwjetta.jpg

DCT
08-20-2002, 05:48 AM
Awesome! :xyxthumbs The P21S/S100 is great stuff! That`s going to be one happy customer!

BumpersPlus2
08-20-2002, 06:29 AM
That red looks good Scott. Do you like VW`s paint? I think the red looks kinda pink at certain angles. The interiors on the New Beetles are a pain. Jason

BoxsterCharlie
08-20-2002, 06:32 AM
Gorgeous red! I wish Porsche Guards Red was closer to VW in shade...IMHO GR is too orange and looks a bit faded and pale in bright sun. The VW red is closer to the F-car red, which is of course the real thing!

thevolvoguy
08-20-2002, 06:49 AM
VW cloth seats are a PITA in the cabrios and new beetles.

I detailed a `01 Cabrio for a family with 4 long haired cats that ride regularly. :nono :nono :nono Cat hair just won`t come out!! :(

imported_Intermezzo
08-20-2002, 12:39 PM
Great job Scott! Keep those pictures coming!!

imported_Tony
08-20-2002, 12:52 PM
Scott: Outstanding, I know that you do a lot of your work by hand. Did you use the swirl free by hand?

SXTMagnum
08-20-2002, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by thevolvoguy

VW cloth seats are a PITA in the cabrios and new beetles.

I detailed a `01 Cabrio for a family with 4 long haired cats that ride regularly. :nono :nono :nono Cat hair just won`t come out!! :(

i use big rolls of tape, the cheapest stuff i can find, masking, packing, etc. just peel a piece off and apply/remove. i also make a sticky "glove" by wrapping it around my hand with the sticky side out and start blotting.

warning: do not rub. only use blotting method.

chevyguy28
08-20-2002, 05:21 PM
Hmm, it`s got to be the Swirl Free Polish base that helps S100 out so much!

mercedesfanatic
08-20-2002, 05:32 PM
Pretty car! The think that cracks me up about VW`s is in the commercial they show, the guy runs outside and sticks the key in the door and lets all the windows down by turning it. My dad`s 95 S500 did that back in 95. It just goes to show you how far Mercedes is ahead of its time...

Scottwax
08-20-2002, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by Bumpers Plus

That red looks good Scott. Do you like VW`s paint? I think the red looks kinda pink at certain angles. The interiors on the New Beetles are a pain. Jason

The paint on this one is pretty good, but like the Beetle, they are rather plain inside. I also think the carpeting is cheap and the seats in the Beetle if they are cloth are garbage. Just real low-rent looking cloth. I also am not a huge fan of some of the plastics in VW`s interiors. Not really Pontiac cheap, but not what I would expect in a German car. Exterior styling is first rate though and the paint is really nice on the newer VWs.

S100 also looks pretty good on a lime green New Beetle:

http://www.o-t.us/upload/guest/vwnewbeetle.jpg

And just for some balance, how about S100 on blue. So sorry I don`t have a yellow car instead of the green bug so I would be posting the primary colors.

http://www.o-t.us/upload/guest/Imprezza_13_rearside.jpg

Just an interesting aside: I did a wash/wax on a 2002 Suburban (black) and it was the first wax since it is only 3-4 months old. When I got done, the lady said she didn`t realize her truck had faded that much. I asked what she meant because it was so new. She said it looked so much blacker than it did before I started. Ah, the power of a good wax!

Scottwax
08-20-2002, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by JustinTRW

Hmm, it`s got to be the Swirl Free Polish base that helps S100 out so much!

I honestly don`t see any difference performance wise between the S100/P21S paint cleanser and Meguiars Swirl Free Polish. Price wise? The S100 pc is $8.95 for 12 oz, and SF is $26 for 128 oz (one gallon). Ten times the product for only 3 times the price. `Nuff said! :up

mercedesfanatic-to be fair, the S500 was around $90,000 in the mid 90`s and the VW is less than $25,000, so you have to give props to VW for using technology previously only attainable on high end cars on their lower priced cars.

Pats300zx
08-20-2002, 06:37 PM
I`m convinced I am getting some S100 tomorrow to give it a try...Of course I have a red F150 and red 300zx... :D

rstype
08-20-2002, 07:55 PM
Scott, beautiful red shine! It looks covered in liquid glass... I love that P21S.

Originally posted by mercedesfanatic

Pretty car! The think that cracks me up about VW`s is in the commercial they show, the guy runs outside and sticks the key in the door and lets all the windows down by turning it. My dad`s 95 S500 did that back in 95. It just goes to show you how far Mercedes is ahead of its time...

Just FYI, my Corrado :eek: back in 1993 had that feature, and it has been on Passats with power windows ever since 1990. It`s interesting how some cars today still don`t have it.

C. Charles Hahn
08-20-2002, 08:09 PM
nice, very nice...