PDA

View Full Version : "burn" marks on hood

imported_matthew
08-18-2002, 07:30 AM
I have a a few marks that look as though they are burn marks, but I don`t think they are. They are each about the diamater of a small pill.

In sunlight they reflect a purplish/bluish color, the car is black.

I just took a few pictures, maybe someoen can help me out.

both pics taken from the hood.

http://www.phillyshots.com/banned/hood.jpg

http://www.phillyshots.com/banned/hood2.jpg

Bobby G
08-18-2002, 09:08 AM
If those are burn marks, they are unlike any that I`ve seen. Looks like a paint defect to me.

shaf
08-18-2002, 09:45 AM
Has the hood ever been repainted? Those look kinda milky and deep in the paint (correct me if wrong - I hate judging pics :p). The last time I saw spots that looked like that was on my friend`s car with a half-donkeyed repaint job. It didn`t show up for a while (he bought it used), and there`s no way to fix it other than a (re)repaint.

imported_matthew
08-18-2002, 10:02 AM
Nope, its on my 3 month old car.

Black Bird SC
08-18-2002, 10:28 AM
I hate to say this, but just because it is a 3 month old car doesn`t mean it hasn`t had paint work done. I worked at a Ford dealership this summer and I saw "new" cars get paint work done to them and then be put out on the lot and sold as "new." I saw a new Escape come in with a damaged roof from the truck it was shipped on. We mudded up the roof, painted it, and put it on the lot with a "new car" sticker on the window :scared I`d say if it`s a 3 month old car, take it back and make them take care of it.

Rich

JAGOWNER1981
08-18-2002, 11:27 AM
wow! is that a mercedes? that black ML i detailed had 2 spots that looked exactly like that!

imported_Intel486
08-18-2002, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Black Bird SC

I hate to say this, but just because it is a 3 month old car doesn`t mean it hasn`t had paint work done. I worked at a Ford dealership this summer and I saw "new" cars get paint work done to them and then be put out on the lot and sold as "new." I saw a new Escape come in with a damaged roof from the truck it was shipped on. We mudded up the roof, painted it, and put it on the lot with a "new car" sticker on the window :scared I`d say if it`s a 3 month old car, take it back and make them take care of it.

Rich

yhea, that is pretty common. When a panel is damaged, then they`ll get it repainted instead of having to send it back to the factory.

imported_matthew
08-18-2002, 08:28 PM
thanks guys. i don`t think these were there however when i took delivery of it.

on another note, going over the car very closely, it looks like i am finding more of these (much smaller, and not as bad) on other parts of the car.

could anyhing i have done cuased this? i have tkaen it to get car wash a few times, also besides that i have washed/waxed it myself also.

nothing else however.

jerry@robs
08-19-2002, 04:21 AM
could it be that the primer wasn`t fully dry when they painted over it?

imported_matthew
08-19-2002, 08:32 AM
I don`t k now what the problem is, but does one think since these are just starting to show up about 3 months from when I took delivery that it could have been a problem with the car itself, and not maybe something I did or something else?

:nixweiss :nixweiss

??????????:

ClayBartrug
08-19-2002, 08:51 AM
I don`t think it`s necessarily somehting you did....especially if you`re starting to see this elsewhere on the car too... I would immediately call this to your dealer`s attention.

imported_matthew
08-19-2002, 10:07 AM
Ok, I have an oil change schudled this week there. I will tell them when I drop it off that I think something might be wrong with the paint...

Of course if they do find a problem, that might be bad too. It could mean they might have to repaint, which is something I would not want to do on a 3 month old vechile.