PDA

View Full Version : Shampoo Question Please Help

Orlando
08-17-2002, 10:37 AM
My truck has been Klassed for two months and looks great, I have been using Meguires Gold Class Shampoo & Conditioner for cleaning. My truck just looks dull after washing, what am I doing wrong? Should I be using a differnt shampoo? If I use a quick detailer on it after washing it really shines , otherwise it just doesn`t look all that great. Thanks guys!

imported_memnuts
08-17-2002, 10:49 AM
Orlando,

You might want to try using less shampoo per gallon of water. Also are you washing in the shade? I normally also rinse each section (panel) right after completing the wash. This decreases the possiblity of any soap drying prior to rinsing. After completing the car also do a final rinse of entire car and dry ASAP.

Hope these suggestions helps.

Welcome to Autopia .:wavey

Bobby G
08-17-2002, 10:55 AM
In addition to blkZ28Conv`s suggestions, you might want to try a quick detailing spray after washing to bring the gloss and slickness back up.

Orlando
08-17-2002, 11:53 AM
Thanks for the tips guys but I already do all those things. I rinse as I go , wash cool vehicle in the shade. I really didn`t think I really didn`t think I was using to much shampoo. I do use quick detail as that`s the only way to get it to shine. I just didn`t think I should have to.

YoSteve
08-18-2002, 03:36 PM
the only other way to prove the theory (as I have not used that Shampoo) is to use another and see if it works better

My favorite is Pinnacle Bodywork, shampoo. Meguiars Gold Class is okay and Zymol is good as well.

I haven`t snapped any pictures of my car, but I`ve been QD and Wax free since December. Klasse on windows has definately failed. On the body of the car, it`s doing fine. Could be better, but still looks great and feels smooth. I`m really surprised as to how far I can go, the sheet/beading is still there.