PDA

View Full Version : PPCL + Zaino?

jamesaurus
08-16-2002, 04:39 PM
Hey guys,

A few months have passed since I did PPCL/3M HG/Souveran on my car, and I want to try Z. It seems like the Souveran died after 3 car washes...maybey Im just overly picky.

I tried Z 1.5 years ago, and the Z5 seemsed to do nothing. From what I understand, it was re-formulated this year and works well. They also have the ZFX now.

After I wash the car with Dawn, can I use PPCL, then go to town with Zaino? Im buying ZFX, Z3, Z5 and Z6. I already have the car wash.

Also, what Z steps are preferred by you detailing pros?

Thanks!!

Brad B
08-16-2002, 05:40 PM
First, keep in mind that you should do all you can to remove scratches and swirls "before" you apply any wax or sealant. PPCL is primarily solvents and very low in abrasives. It will remove only the finest swirls. Z5 will also help hide some of the finest swirls but the hiding capabilities of it will be maxxed out in about 3 coats. Good stuff, but it has it`s limitations. Prep is the key.

jamesaurus
08-17-2002, 10:11 PM
Thanks Brad. My dad is a body guy, and he looked the car over today. He felt it needed a very light `cut` before I wasted time detailing it. (unfortunately he is to busy to even think about doing it)

So, Ill have to find an excellent body/paint/detailer guy do that 1st. Then should I use Dawn and go to town with the Z?